Company: Aurora Organic Dairy
Posted on: January 15, 2022
*Hybrid Work Option*
- Come join a Denver Post Top Workplace as our Assistant
Controller. This is a role for a hands-on leader with
responsibility for the accumulation and consolidation of all
financial data necessary for an accurate accounting and reporting
of consolidated business results, and the integrity of the general
ledger in accordance with GAAP. The Assistant Controller oversees
the corporate accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
functions and coordinates with external auditors and tax
professionals. This position is responsible for building a
service-oriented team and related processes and internal controls
to facilitate the flow of information, the timely processing of
transactions and the resolution of discrepancies. Duties include: -
Supervise central accounting functions, including accounts
receivable, accounts payable, general ledger accounting, daily cash
positioning, chart of accounts maintenance, financial statement
maintenance - Supervise month-end close for the corporate
accounting functions and coordinate the overall month-end close
process between farms, plants and cost-accounting teams. - Review
journal entries and various account reconciliations to facilitate
the month end closing process, including bank reconciliations,
intercompany accounts and other balance sheet account
reconciliations. - Enter, reconcile and troubleshoot data in the
ERP system, research transactions and outages, test and implement
additional functionality as directed. - Compile and distribute
financial statements as directed.
- Prepare periodic analysis of actual results, prior year
actuals, comparisons to budget and any other analysis as
- Provide financial and accounting support to other departments
including analyses as requested; provide scheduled or ad hoc
financial reporting appropriate to the audience.Education and
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 10 or
more years of demonstrated success in accounting roles of
- At least 5 years supervisory/leadership experience stemming
from progressive experience in a hands on accounting
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP with experience in preparation
of financial accounting statements and notes.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and
proficiency with other Microsoft applications such as Word and
- Process-oriented organizational skills and attention to detail
and accuracy with self-review of work performed.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and
establish and execute plans to meet tight deadlines for self and
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate
- Good communicator - clear and concise, appropriate to
circumstances, targeted to the relevant audience; ability to
interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
- Strong team player and highly collaborative.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems; experience with Infor M3,
Great Plains and Concur a plus
Additional requirements listed on Aurora Organic Dairy careers
website. Boulder, CO
Keywords: Aurora Organic Dairy, Boulder , Assistant Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!