Accountant / Bookkeeper
Company: Upslope Brewing Company
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Accountant / BookkeeperUpslope Brewing Company is a Certified B
Corporation, which means we meet high standards of social and
environmental performance, accountability and transparency. Through
investment in our employees, continuous process improvement and a
focus on innovation, we aim to deliver a high quality product,
while prioritizing environmental stewardship and inclusion in our
operations, brand and partnerships.We are looking for a diligent
Accountant to join our team. The accounting responsibilities of
this role include: maintaining financial records and reports,
performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close
processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining accounts
payable documentation. The administrative duties include creating
and managing the check-run process; managing our vehicle insurance
and compliance records; vendor account management; license renewals
for the states we conduct business in; as well as other
miscellaneous projects as assigned. This role will assist the
accounting and executive teams as needed and respond to information
requests by management and for auditing purposes.To be successful,
you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), strong financial analysis skills,
advanced Excel skills and excellent leadership qualities.
Additionally, being detail-oriented, organized, able to work with
little to no supervision and as part of a team, coupled with
exceptional communication skills, will lead to success in this
position.The Accountant and Administrative Coordinator reports
directly to the Director of Finance, works as a part of the
Accounting team and may assist the executives and founders of
Upslope Brewing Company. This position is an in-person role with
the option of occasional, remote flexibility of up to 2-days per
week after 6 months of employment.For more information, please
visit our jobs page at: Job Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account
reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development of department
- Manage the check-run process.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and
treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial
statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting department and Founders as
- Maintain vendor relationships and compliance status.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting Upslope staff
as required or assigned.Work Time/Availability:Monday - Friday,
8:00 am - 5:00 pm and opportunity to move to a structured flexible
schedule after 6-months of employementCompensation, Benefits +
Culture:Upslope offers a transparent and unique work environment
with an emphasis on teamwork and innovation. It's important to make
sure each employee understands the impact they have on the mission.
We work for beer, but get paid in dollarsCompensation Package
- Starting base salary $55,000 - $65,000 annually
- Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Hours
beginning 30-days after employment
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Disability/ Life insurance with
company contribution beginning 30-days after employment
- 401(k) with company match beginning day one
- Free RTD EcoPass
- Free Beer (Daily taproom perks and monthly retail beer
- Merchandise discounts
- Discounts & Pro Deals on outdoor equipment & activities
- Professional Development opportunities
- And many more!Qualifications/Position Requirements and
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Exceptional math skills and Excel proficiencies.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and integrity.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyze large amounts of
data.Desired/Preferred, but Not Required:
- Demonstrated experience in managing self and working with a
- Experience working in a similar role at a Brewery with exposure
- Related advanced degree or certification
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and
MS Office and G-Suite.
- Strong time and stress management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and as part of a
team.Still Apply If---
- You have exceptional accounting experience but have never
managed others.At Upslope, we're committed to building justice,
equity, and inclusion in every aspect of our company. Our goal is
to create the ultimate culture of belonging for everyone,
regardless of your craft beer knowledge or the number of powder
days you crushed this season. We value what makes you unique and
want to ensure that you feel encouraged and welcomed to apply,
work, and Apr--s Everything--- at Upslope.Upslope is an
equal-opportunity employer. We hire, promote, course-correct, and
terminate based on merit, performance and business needs. We do not
discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including but
not limited to: race, color, religion, age, veteran status, medical
condition (including pregnancy and genetic information) sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and
criminal history (as our licenses allow.)
Keywords: Upslope Brewing Company, Boulder , Accountant / Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!