Associate Project Manager, Development
Company: Scout Clean Energy
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The Associate Project Developer will support Project Managers in
the development of multiple wind, solar and battery storage
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Gain exposure to and participate in developing and tracking
budgets, timelines, and documentation for the project and present
summaries to project team members. Track budget-to-actual and
planned timeline-to-actual progress for portions of the
- "Assist in the assessment of projects' viability throughout the
project lifecycle using analytical tools. *Specific to New
Projects, this includes utilizing the Fatal Flaw Analysis matrix
and the internal Prospector tool to identify and vet new project
sites. Contract Management
- Coordinate the engagement of and follow up on day-to-day
activities of specific contractors.
- Participate in the development of Scopes of Work (SOWs) for
contractors and support the analysis of responses.
- Review and administer executed contracts, interact with
counterparties, review for accuracy contract expenditures through
the AP system Finance and Commercial Matters
- Learn the basic drivers and inputs needed for project financial
feasibility via coordinating the inputs to the project budgets and
- Provide analytical and administrative support for negotiations,
as directed by more senior staff. Learn from observing negotiations
led by more senior staff.
- Support the due diligence process (i.e. set-up project data
room, coordinate with internal/external parties, etc.) during
financing and/or M&A consideration Stakeholder Relationships
and Real Estate
- Learn the advantage of strong relationships with key
landowners, community members, and community leadership to advance
- Provide administrative and field support to identify
landowners, cultivate fruitful relationships, negotiate site
control agreements, identify and mitigate risk, and secure planning
/ use permits.
- Frequent travel to project sites (potential and in development)
to assess opportunities and acquire valuable land rights. GIS
- Learn and utilize basic skills with mapping software.
Understand the applications of mapping analysis to address a range
of steps in the development process (e.g., analyzing project
feasibility, creating and editing project areas, and identifying
key site characteristics and landowners.) Complete assignments as
assigned, checking your work before sharing it with others.
Permitting (Local, State, Federal) Tax
- Research location-specific permitting and tax requirements.
Have the ability to identify major fatal flaws (e.g. 2 mile setback
from non-participating property line ordinance).
- Coordinate the gathering of documents and materials to support
- Assist in the coordination of the studies required to assess
project viability and/or support the permitting, financing, and
operation of the project. This includes, but is not limited to
environmental (bird, bat) geotech, hydrology, cultural, airspace,
resource monitoring, transmission capacity, congestion, public
sentiment, and title. Build out a competitive analysis. Engineering
Design, Technology, Construction and Operation (Includes
Interconnection, battery storage, solar, and wind)
- Work with the Development Engineering team to learn about
trends in interconnection and project-specific interconnection
- Gather information about site and system design alternatives by
collaborating with other internal teams and conducting independent
research as needed.
- Learn the fundamentals of the construction and operation of
wind, solar and/or battery storage and different processes and
technologies utilized Internal (Team work)
- Build relationships with peers in other groups to better learn
their respective areas of expertise.
- Receive productive feedback effectively and demonstrate ability
to make changes based on feedback
- Learn when to elevate issues or concerns to more senior
- Perform well on assigned tasks. Demonstrate initiative to
advance in the organization. Gain exposure across all aspects of
the business. Exhibit genuine intellectual curiosity and
- During project handoff, facilitate data and documentation
management between the Development team and other internal and
external parties. Advance Scout
- Collect and organize data and conduct analysis to contribute to
your group's strategy as directed by senior team members.
- Contribute to projects that progress through Scout's Tier
- Deliver on the goals you set annually with your manager.
- Embody and model Scout's mission and values in all
- A BS or BA from an accredited college program.
- Previous coursework or internship in the renewable energy
industry is preferred.
- Self-motivator with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to work in a
fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to meet deadlines and
complete time-sensitive duties.
- Excitement and enthusiasm in learning how to become a Project
- Google Earth, Excel, PowerPoint, Word proficiency.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Willing and available to travel significantly as needed
(40%-60%) depending on project stage and COVID-19 restrictions.
Timeline and Location
We will review resumes for this role on an ongoing basis with a
start date likely in Q2 2023.
This position is based in our Boulder, Colorado, office.
- Mission-Orientation. High achievers who want to make a
difference in this world and contribute to Scout's stated
- Teamwork. Respectful and appreciative colleagues with strong
interpersonal skills and a commitment to fostering positive
relationships across organizational boundaries to deliver on shared
- Safety. Uncompromising advocates for the health and safety of
fellow employees, contractors, customers, and community
- Integrity. Ethical professionals who do the right thing even
when it is difficult.
- Initiative. Resourceful self-motivators who thrive in a
fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment because of their
exceptional leadership, work ethic, and organizational skills.
- Intelligence. Problem-solving learners who can make informed
decisions quickly and create innovative and pragmatic solutions to
Invitation to Veterans
Scout welcomes veterans of the United States Armed Forces to apply
for this position. Scout includes veterans of all branches and a
diverse set of occupational specialties. We value the independent
thinking, problem solving, leadership, and teamwork that our
veterans have developed through their service. We welcome
applications from any service and any military occupational
Invitation to Women and U.S. Underrepresented Groups
We encourage applications from all demographics and especially
those that are traditionally underrepresented in the energy
industry. Consistent with our core values, Scout celebrates the
diversity of thought and experience that comes from a range of
backgrounds including, but not limited to, gender, race, and
Target base salary: $70,000-$80,000 depending on experience and
Attractive bonus potential.
Scout offers a full range of benefits, including
medical/dental/vision insurance with attractive premiums, 401(k)
match, STD, LTD, an Employee Assistance Program, and a range of
optional supplemental insurance coverage.
Do you fit this description? Please apply through the portal on
For more information: www.scoutcleanenergy.com
Keywords: Scout Clean Energy, Boulder , Associate Project Manager, Development, Accounting, Auditing , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...