Medical Receptionist (full-time) - hiring clinic wide
Company: Boulder Medical Center
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Job Description:Do you enjoy working with friendly and helpful
people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a
career that offers a variety of learning opportunities? Are you
looking to make a positive impact on peoples' lives in our
community?Consider a career in the medical field at Boulder Medical
Center (BMC). We're an independent, multi-specialty, outpatient
network of providers and staff dedicated to engaging our patients
in high-quality, compassionate health care. For over 70 years, BMC
has been locally owned and operated, providing exceptional medical
care to patients across the northwestern Front Range and
surrounding communities. This unique business model is why many of
our employees come and stay!Summary - Medical Receptionist:Boulder
Medical Center (BMC) is seeking Medical Receptionist candidates to
come join our team.Job Duties:
- Answers the telephone promptly, evaluating patient needs to
determine appointment type.
- Summarizes appointment details prior to ending the phone
- Manages all phone functionalities such as transfers, placing
callers on hold, forwarding phone to afterhours message system,
- Accurately records patient name, numbers and demographic
information using correct spelling and punctuation.
- Schedules / reschedules / cancel appointments according to
provider preference and scheduling protocol.
- Navigates and operates Electronic Medical Records system,
arriving patient for appointments and inputting relevant
information as needed.
- Operates the computer, telephone system, fax and copy machine
and other equipment relevant to department function.
- Educates patients on check-out payment process.
- Recognizes when to involve the Back Office, Phone RN or the
provider for assistance with a patient.
- Informs patients of schedule delays greater than 15
- Maintains an open line of communication with nurses and
providers regarding delays in schedule.
- Informs the Patient Advocate or supervisor when a potential
problem is communicated by the patient regarding provider-patient
relationship or regarding patient concern with care rendered by the
provider.Required Experience:Skills and Abilities:
- Must use good judgment, professionalism and discretion when
screening telephone calls, answering inquires and relaying
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain phone etiquette
using tact and diplomacy.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication
- Strong computer and data entry skills.
- Must possess strong grammar and spelling ability as well as the
ability to read, write and understand the English language.
- Neat, well-groomed appearance and courteous manner.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA compliance,
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree or some college coursework in Business or
Healthcare Administration, preferred.Experience
- One (1) year of previous work experience involving public
contact, preferably with heavy phone experience. Previous
experience with patient scheduling in a hospital or clinic setting,
highly desired. Bi-lingual ability (Spanish), a plus.Salary Range
- $15.75-$19.69From: Boulder Medical Centerby Jobble
Keywords: Boulder Medical Center, Boulder , Medical Receptionist (full-time) - hiring clinic wide, Administration, Clerical , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!