Business Office Representative I / II (Full-time)
Company: Boulder Medical Center
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Job DescriptionDo you enjoy working with friendly and helpful
people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a
career as a Patient Account Representative that offers a variety of
learning opportunities? Are you looking to make a positive impact
on peoples' lives in our community?Consider a career in the medical
field at Boulder Medical Center (BMC). We're an independent,
multi-specialty, outpatient network of providers and staff
dedicated to engaging our patients in high-quality, compassionate
health care. For over 70 years, BMC has been locally owned and
operated, providing exceptional medical care to patients across the
northwestern Front Range and surrounding communities. This unique
business model is why many of our employees come and
stay!SummaryBoulder Medical Center (BMC) is seeking a Business
Office Representative to join our team! This position works
full-time 40 hours per week Monday through Friday and is benefit
eligible. The ideal candidate for this position will have past
medical provider billing experience and past experience dealing
with medical claims. Under the direct supervision of the Business
Office Coordinators, Assistant Manager, and the Business Office
Manager, the BO Representative performs any or all related duties,
in accordance with Business Office policy and procedures.Job
- Follows protocols and business practice guidelines established
in BMC's Business Office department manual. Explains the different
types of insurance coverage to patients and co-workers. Establishes
and maintains a working knowledge of BMC contract insurance
carriers and their billing requirements, as needed.
- Establishes and maintains a working knowledge of the Accounts
Receivable system. Understands and uses appropriate forms for
charges, adjustments, payments, error corrects, error removals,
balance transfers, refunds, refund reversals, and communications
forms. Able to reconciles account balances by financial class, able
to print ledgers and claim forms, explain statement and insurance
processing along with their related computer screens to patients,
carriers and co-workers.
- Is able to access and understands NextGen's scheduling and
- Understands the patient registration process. Uses
chart/account alerts to capture accurate patient/account
information and consistently updates or creates the account,
patient and insurance records in a timely manner.
- Consistently uses account notes to document patient
status/conversations and chart notes to document claim
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of charge sheets.
Reviews documents, makes corrections or additions and delivers
charges to medical billing within established guidelines.
- Receives insurance claim forms. Accurately reviews forms for
discrepancies and errors. Makes appropriate changes or additions in
a timely manner and submits claim forms to carriers. Shows
consistent effort in maintaining clean claims and constantly
attempts to expedite the payment process. Understands claim type
- Consistently documents errors and changes made to account
transactions and notifies appropriate personnel when consistent
errors are found in the claims review process.
- Demonstrates an understanding of medical terminology and grasps
its importance in accurate documentation, claims submittal and
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the current procedural
terminology (CPT), including the CPT modifiers. Reviews CPT
appendixes yearly to update additions, deletions and revisions to
the terminology. Demonstrates a working knowledge of the
international classification of diseases (ICD-10).
- Establishes and maintains a working knowledge of the relative
value system. Demonstrates an understanding of the unit value and
is able to calculate fees in accordance with established
guidelines. Able to access and understand the pricing tables and
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of insurance billing
procedures guidelines, including OB protocol, to understand global
surgery values and guidelines, separate procedures, multiple and
bilateral procedures, modifiers, and able to estimate approximate
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to recognize specialized
accounts such as: Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA), Work Comp (WC),
Company, Collection, and Working Accounts.
- Receives, reviews and maintains files of current NextGen
reports. Works aged trial balance, claim worklists, untagged,
insurance overpayment, prepayment, unapplied payments, claim
acknowledgement, claim rejects, and other daily/weekly reports as
- Remains updated and fluent with bulletins and newsletters
pertaining to their particular specialty. Consistently evaluates
the information and shares valuable information with supervisors
and co-workers. Attends product seminars when requested.
- Understands the select process and utilizes database queries to
update and maintain accurate patient and insurance records. Able to
access and generate claim forms.
- Covers the Business Office reception desk when called upon.
Understands the BMC Credit and Payment Policy, able to take a
credit card payment, co-pay or prepayment.
- Understand and competently operates the Electronic Medical
- Attends mandatory Electronic Medical Records training.
- Participates in on-going Electronic Medical Records learning
Skills and Abilities:
- Accurate typing
- Computer experience
- Operate office machines
- Operate adding machine
- Basic math aptitude
- Detail oriented
- Patience - Tact - Pleasant telephone voice and manner
- Ability to initiate correspondence using appropriate grammar,
- Ability to coordinate the activities of the
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Course in Medical
Terminology, Business, or Accounting helpful. Previous Experience:
- 1-2 years Health Insurance experience or equivalent background.
- $16.54 - $22.57 / hour; depending on experienceLocation:
- Boulder, CO
Benefits:BMC offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time
employees that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending,
company-paid life insurance and STD as well as voluntary benefits,
RTD EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off and 6 holidays annually.
Part-time employees are eligible for medical/dental/vision,
company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, and
Keywords: Boulder Medical Center, Boulder , Business Office Representative I / II (Full-time), Administration, Clerical , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!