Front Desk/Receptionist - Physical Therapy
Company: BoulderCentre for Orthopedics
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Job Summary: This position greets and directs patients and visitors
with professionalism and courtesy. Obtains patient paperwork for
check-in, ensures accuracy and completeness of patient demographic
information in EMR form. The receptionist will be responsible for
answering incoming calls, checking patients in and out, collecting
necessary documentation and demographic information, collecting
co-pays, pre-payment for procedures, payment on balances due at
time of visit or past due, as well as additional clerical
dutiesPrimary Job Responsibilities:
- Greets and interacts with patients, staff and visitors in a
prompt, professional and friendly manner, determines the purpose of
visit, and directs them to appropriate person or department(s).
Additionally, checking patients in and out, collecting necessary
documentation and demographic information, collecting co-pays,
pre-payment for procedures, payment on balances due at time of
visit or past due.
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls. Routes
calls appropriately, offering voice mail or redirection of calls as
- Schedules appointments for patients either by phone when they
call in or in person after an office visit.
- Uses computerized EMR system to match therapist/clinician
availability with patient's preferences in terms of date and
- Maintains scheduling system so records are accurate and
complete and can be used to analyze patient/scheduling
- Communicates as needed with therapist/clinicians and other
staff about any patient concerns or issues related to scheduling.
Consults with Front Desk Supervisor and/or EMR Educator about any
- Explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible
parties and collects copays as required.
- Verifies physical therapy benefits with insurance
- Responsible for keeping reception, patient waiting areas, and
break room clean and organized.
- Facilitates patient flow and communicates delays with patients
and clinical staff.
- Follows all policies on safety and security; maintains
restricted areas safe by safeguarding keyless entry codes and
computer system passwords in strict confidentiality.
- Appropriately and courteously screens solicitors for relevance
to organization needs.
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with
patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Manages office supply order for assigned department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.Experience: One year
of experience in customer service or reception, preferably in a
medical office setting.Performance Requirements:Knowledge:
- Knowledge of medical practice protocols related to scheduling
- Knowledge of computerized scheduling/EMR systems.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and organization
- Knowledge of staff responsibilities to accurately direct
- Ability to use multi-line phone system, including transferring
calls and paging.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact while
multi-tasking, organizing and scheduling patients.
- Skill in communicating effectively with physicians/clinicians
about scheduling preferences.
- Adequate hearing to answer phone and speak with patients.
- Ability to speak clearly and loudly enough to be heard by
callers and patients.Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal
- Ability to elicit appropriate information to route calls to the
appropriate person or schedule appointment with the appropriate
provider (or secondary provider in instances when preferred is
- Ability to prevent, calm, and/or defuse irate callers and
patients working with them to identify concerns and properly
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Office, including Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, and appropriate practice management/EMR
software. Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including
computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.Work
Environment: Well-lighted medical office or reception area.
Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions related to
clinic setting. Work may be stressful due to a busy
office.Mental/Physical Requirements: Must possess the physical and
mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with a
Receptionist involving sitting approximately 90% of the day with
occasional standing, walking, reaching and lifting. Periodic stress
occurs from handling many calls and dealing with patient
Keywords: BoulderCentre for Orthopedics, Boulder , Front Desk/Receptionist - Physical Therapy, Administration, Clerical , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!