Front Desk/Receptionist *$500 sign on bonus
Company: BoulderCentre for Orthopedics
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This position greets and directs patients and visitors with
professionalism and courtesy. Obtains patient paperwork for
check-in, ensures accuracy and completeness of patient demographic
information in computerized EMR system. The receptionist is
responsible for answering incoming calls, checking patients in and
out, collecting necessary documentation and demographic
information, collecting co-pays, pre-payment for procedures,
payment on balances due at time of visit or past due, as well as
additional clerical duties.
Salary Range: $16-$22
Signing Bonus: $500
Clinic: Weekdays from 8a-5p
Physical Therapy: Weekdays from 7a-6p (Boulder) & 7a-5p
MRI: Weekdays from 7a-6p and Saturdays from 7a-3:30p
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Greets and interacts with patients, staff and visitors in a
prompt, professional and friendly manner, determines the purpose of
visit, and directs them to appropriate person or department(s).
Additionally, checks patients in and out, collects necessary
documentation and demographic information, collects co-pays,
pre-payment for procedures, payment on balances due at time of
visit or those that are past due.
- Promptly and professionally answers telephone calls. Routes
calls appropriately, offers voice mail or redirection of calls as
- Schedules appointments for patients either by phone when they
call or in-person after an office visit.
- Uses computerized EMR system to match
physician/therapist/clinician availability with patient's
preferences in terms of date and time.
- Maintains scheduling system so records are accurate and
complete and can be used to analyze patient/scheduling
- Communicates as needed with physician/therapist/clinician and
other staff about any patient concerns or issues related to
- Answers non-medical questions and gives routine non-medical
- Consults with Front Office Manager and/or EMR Educator about
any system problems.
- Explains financial requirements to the patients or responsible
parties and collects co-pays as required.
- Keeps the reception, patient areas and break room clean and
- Opens and closes office as needed.
- Facilitates patient flow and communicates delays with patients
and clinical staff.
- Follows all Clinic policies on safety and security; maintains
restricted areas by safeguarding keyless entry codes and computer
system passwords in strict confidentiality.
- Adheres to HIPAA policies at all times.
- Appropriately and courteously screens solicitors for relevance
to organization needs.
- Provides excellent service to all customers (internal and
external) with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Cross-trained in reception duties to assist in all departments
Clinic, MRI and PT
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution
of office supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Additional
- Verifies patient demographics, secures signatures on applicable
authorizations, histories and other forms, and prepares patient
file for technologist.
- Occasionally assists MRI Technologist in positioning patients
for the diagnostic procedure.
- Researches and verifies patient insurance benefits, including:
obtaining pre-authorization when applicable and advising patients
about co-insurance and deductibles due at time of service.
- Process MRI claims for reimbursement following completion of
- Verifies physical therapy benefits with insurance
companies.Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year of experience in customer service or
reception, preferably in a medical office setting.
Knowledge of medical practice protocols related to scheduling
Knowledge of computerized scheduling/EMR systems.
Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques.
Knowledge of medical terminology, radiological terminology (MRI
only) and organization services.
Knowledge of staff responsibilities to accurately direct
Ability to use multi-line phone system, including transferring
calls and paging.
Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact while
multi-tasking, organizing and scheduling patients.
Skill in communicating effectively with physicians/clinicians about
Adequate hearing to answer phone and speak with patients.
Ability to speak clearly and loudly enough to be heard by callers
Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
Ability to elicit appropriate information to route calls to the
appropriate person or schedule appointment with the appropriate
provider (or secondary provider in instances when preferred is
Ability to prevent, calm, and/or defuse irate callers and patients
working with them to identify concerns and properly directs
Ability to competently use Microsoft Office, including Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, and appropriate practice management/EMR
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers,
fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Well-lighted medical office or reception area.
Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions related to
clinic setting. Work may be stressful due to a busy office.
Mental/Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is largely a
sedentary role. Requires repetitive motions with the wrists, hands,
and fingers. Requires sitting/standing for extensive periods of
time. Requires ability to reach above shoulder height. Requires
corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires bending and
twisting at the waist, reaching high and low, talking, hearing and
seeing. May lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
MRI-Specific Mental/Physical Requirements: Additionally, due to the
proximity to the diagnostic equipment and the requirement to
occasionally assist in positioning patients, certain implants,
devices or objects may be hazardous to you and may interfere with
the diagnostic procedure. The MR system magnet is ALWAYS on, so
internal metallic objects or fragments, foreign bodies, implants,
devices or objects may necessitate removal from employment.COVID-19
vaccination required in order to be considered for this
BoulderCentre for Orthopedics is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.Requirements:
Keywords: BoulderCentre for Orthopedics, Boulder , Front Desk/Receptionist *$500 sign on bonus, Administration, Clerical , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!