Email Marketing Specialist - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
Year Round Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the
closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by
our convenient location, though you'll feel remotely tucked away in
our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain
lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase
new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the
adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are
looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies
or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We
work to play Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There's more than a free season pass waiting for
you! You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience
and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a variety of
perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and
seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY:
The E-mail Marketing Specialist will be responsible for driving
resort visits, revenue, brand, improving the customer experience,
and delivering personalized and relevant communication to guests at
all stages of the customer journey through various marketing
channels. This position reports to the Digital Marketing Manager
who provides overall strategy and direction for all digital
marketing touchpoints. This role will work closely with
cross-functional departments to ensure accurate product
information, brand integrity, and consistent and effective
messaging across all channels and campaigns.
Day-to-day activities include but are not limited to app push
notifications and in-app messaging content creation, e-mail design
and concepting, programming, automation, audience building and
segmentation, content testing, and deployment for app and e-mail
marketing messages. Beyond the day-to-day updates, this person will
be responsible for adhering to all e-mail best practices and
guidelines and will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager
to ensure marketing efforts are optimized, meeting engagement KPI
targets, and reaching the right person, at the right time, with the
right message. The E-mail Marketing Specialist will also be
expected to learn our CRM, understand the nuances of available
data, and provide recommendations to grow and enhance our database.
This role is expected to approach their role with a data-driven
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
- E-mail Marketing
- Inform and execute the CRM and e-mail marketing strategy
created by the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Maintain e-mail marketing calendar and lead process within
marketing team to build and deploy e-mails.
- Plan, develop/code, test, and deploy e-mail automations and
campaigns through e-mail marketing platform.
- Develop robust A/B testing and dynamic content strategies to
optimize our marketing communications and increase
- Seek new opportunities for and implement new personalization's
within e-mail marketing and app communication campaigns.
- Maintain knowledge of e-mail marketing best practices and
ensure our e-mail marketing aligns with these.
- Ability to evaluate e-mail marketing performance, draw
insights, and provide recommendations for optimization.
- CRM Management
- Understand best practices for constructing audience segments
within CRM platforms.
- Build and segment audiences through CRM Test audiences for
accuracy and troubleshoot when needed to enhance audience
- Know and understand data points within CRM platform.
- Regularly review database health and provide recommendations to
grow and enhance database.
- Mobile App
- Execute mobile app push notification marketing strategy created
by Digital Marketing Manager.
- Maintain and update app push notification calendar.
- Understand the various need states of mobile app users and
audience segmentation opportunities.
- Plan, develop, and deploy both on-site app messaging and app
push notifications to specific audiences.
- Construct and segment audiences through app platform.
- Deliver regular reports on e-mail and app messaging performance
to Digital Marketing Manager and other business unit leaders.
- Draw insights from various reports and provide recommendations
to optimize e-mail and app marketing channels.
- Review performance of A/B testing to inform shifts in marketing
- Ensure e-mail and app creative and messaging are consistent
across other channels including, website, social media, signage,
paid media and PR. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of consumer journey.
- Must be able to shift focus quickly and work dynamically within
a fast-past work environment.
- Ability to implement a data-driven approach to messaging,
automation, and personalization.
- Must be detail-oriented, an excellent proofreader, and have a
strong sense of accountability and ownership over their work.
- Must foster a department culture of innovation, collaboration,
accountability and be successful in experiential hospitality and
promotionally driven, fast-paced, metrics-oriented company.
- Strong project management, organization, messaging and written
and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, business analytics,
communications, or related field preferred, or equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience.
- 2-3 years' experience with CRM and CDP platforms - Experience
with Ascent360 and IBM Acoustic preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience building audiences and queries for
- 1-2 years' experience with basic HTML/CSS coding.
- Experience using e-mail testing programs such as Litmus or
E-mail on Acid.
- Experience managing content and messaging in a mobile app
- 1-2 years' experience with Adobe Creative Suite; Dreamweaver,
Photoshop, Illustrator preferred.
- Experience in the travel or hospitality industry
- Passionate outdoor enthusiast with a love for the mountain
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
Hourly pay range: $22 - $32/hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees. WORKING
Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside, but may require some
on-mountain work from time to time. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is
. click apply for full job details
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Boulder , Email Marketing Specialist - Year Round, Advertising , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!