Senior Manager, Waves Engineering
Company: Zayo Group Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world's most
impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming
our society. Zayo's 133,000-mile network in North America and
Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of
buildings and data centers. Zayo's communications infrastructure
solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths,
Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and
wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and
other large enterprises. Position Description
The Senior Manager, Waves Engineering is responsible for the
production of a team of Network Wave Engineers to support delivery
of managed wavelength services. Projects may encompass greenfield
builds, capacity augments, grooms, or decommission of
circuits/systems. Budgetary and engineering skills will be used to
support various stakeholders (i.e. Business Units, Engineering,
Operations, Tier III, Field Services, and Architecture) in the
service delivery process. A successful candidate must possess a
strong project management background, a desire to learn optical
transport technologies, excellent communication skills, excellent
team management against productivity SLA's as well as thrive in a
fast-paced, cross-functional organization. Having an aptitude to
prioritize tasks and timelines, while building strong
relationships, are attributes we seek in qualified applicants.
- Manage the team to finish projects on or before revenue
commitment dates that are driving the projects.
- Track all-in progress implementation orders and their
dependencies with a readout on their specific timelines.
- Organize team to strong production levels using and reporting
on metrics and SLAs.
- Develop strong and supportive relationships with internal
partners to drive delivery of projects on time.--
- Coach team on project management and ownership of
- Hold weekly/daily calls to readout to internal partners on
progress of in-flight orders.
- Develop efficiencies in process with internal and external
partners to improve SLAs.
- Design, engineer, and recommend hardware solutions to support
network projects in progress as needed.
- Serve as network project point-of-contact and escalation.
- Interface between equipment vendor(s) and Zayo stakeholders as
needed to validate technical specifications, hardware and software
interoperability, and hardware delivery timelines.
- Key interface between equipment vendor(s) and Zayo stakeholders
for escalation on new turn ups.
- Facilitate cross-functional communications amongst team members
to foster timely resolution of project obstacles. Qualifications
- Bachelors' degree in Telecommunications, Electrical
Engineering, Computer Science, or 10+ years' of relevant
telecommunications engineering experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing technical
- Advanced knowledge of optical fiber technical specifications,
testing, and link engineering fundamentals.
- Advanced knowledge of DWDM--network architectures (i.e.
FOADM/ROADM/PON/fixed and flex grid) and signal flow.
- Advanced familiarity with telecommunications service protocol
structure and testing (i.e. Ethernet/OTN/SONET/SDH/SAN).
- Familiarity with the following optical transport platforms
- Familiarity with Metasolv/M6 database.
- Understanding of telemetry (DCN) network design, IP subnetting,
and routing protocols (i.e. OSPF).
- Experience with data center and carrier hotel connectivity and
telecommunications facility environments.
- MS Office application capabilities required (i.e.
Excel/Visio/Word) and programming/scripting skills preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/negotiating skills
required toward technical/non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while being a
constructive contributor to a team. Rewards Competitive
compensation Base salary range: $90,000-$110,000 Annual Incentive
Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for
discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company,
an employee's business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance Fitness membership discounts Generous
paid time off policy including paid parental leave Nothing in this
job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Entrepreneurial. Effective. Energetic. In three words, that's us.
We're as passionate about The Three E's as we are about cultivating
a dynamic, diverse and inclusive culture that empowers Zayoites to
do their best work while having fun. If you're a self-starter who
thrives in a fast-paced environment and can turn complex challenges
into innovative solutions then you've got Orange Material written
all over you. Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status. ---
Keywords: Zayo Group Holdings, Inc., Boulder , Senior Manager, Waves Engineering, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!