Posted on: January 13, 2022
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight,
we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the
clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the worlds leading
electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer
energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that
customers have now come to expectimproving satisfaction, increasing
revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon
reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our
values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of
our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment,
employees, and community.
We are seeking a Security Engineer to join our team and help us
achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
We will consider this role for continued remote work with some
work/travel to our offices in Denver, Boulder, Boston, Chicago or
What You Get To Do
- Actively hunt the enterprise for insecure, suspicious, or
- Review data that is processed within the SIEM to find
suspicious events as well as ineffective data.
- Verify incident source alert notifications are authentic and
- Identify and resolve incidents that are not defined by (or
deviate from) an existing incident response guide.
- Update and maintain response guides for accuracy.
- Assist with significant incidents as needed or assigned.
- Provide feedback for the development and consistency of
automated threat detection mechanisms.
- Security projects dedicated to improving Uplight's security
- Research and understand initial threat vectors and create
protection mechanisms to prevent threat recurrences.
- Recommend security best practices and system configuration
- Facilitate and lead incident response calls; provide
documentation and reports to senior management.
- Perform an on-call shift rotation.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment
first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still
What You Bring To Uplight
- Great attitude.
- History of securing applications and application settings.
- Must have strong scripting skills Python/Shell Scripting
- Experience with git.
- Mid to advanced level Linux knowledge in a physical, virtual,
or public cloud environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are
necessary to effectively collaborate with peers, and to present and
explain highly technical information to stakeholders who may have
limited technical knowledge.
- Advanced understanding in securing cloud technologies.
- Experience with technologies from at least one public cloud
(AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience adopting security practices across an
- Experience with modern DevSecOps practices including
implementing automated security in CI/CD pipelines in the AWS
- CISSP, CASP, GSLC, CISM certified.
- Experience using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible,
Packer, Troposphere, Consul, Jenkins, SonarQube, and AWS.
What Makes Working At Uplight Amazing
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that
kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to
create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our
- Focused on career growth by following defined career
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and.we love
We Also Provide
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we
Salary Range: $100,000 to $138,900
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the
approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The
actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and
benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the
applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well
as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any
type without regard to race (including hair texture and
hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.by
Keywords: Uplight, Boulder , Security Engineer, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!