Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2022
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and
the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions
in the United States. We excel at providing technological solutions
to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to
fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical
complexities.Security EngineerExperienced Security Engineers-a
world of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of
opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you've
worked so hard to build? We can help!SummaryThe Security Engineer
is responsible ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and
availability of BI Inc. computer systems including servers,
workstations, network connections, storage, applications, and data.
Specific focus areas include supporting the creation and management
of security services and required documentation for
security-related technical initiatives, continuous monitoring,
incident response, and adherence to applicable laws, regulations
and contract obligations. This position also assists in developing
policies and procedures and ensures they are followed with strong
focus on cross-departmental collaboration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploys and manages security systems and their corresponding or
associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection
systems, cryptography systems, and anti-virus software.
- Troubleshoots problems with security infrastructure and
- Designs, implements, and reports on security system and end
user activity audits.
- Performs penetration, vulnerability and configuration testing
of all systems in order to identify system weaknesses using
internal tools or in conjunction with outside vendors.
- Provides continuous monitoring of firewalls, endpoints,
intrusion detection, network traffic and other systems for unusual
or suspicious activity.
- Assesses security ramifications of network and system changes,
minor or significant.
- Provides Tier 3 support for any virus or malware issues on
- Assists in the creation, implementation and enforcement of
security policies and procedures.
- Incorporates industry standard best practices following the
NIST cybersecurity framework.
- Audits end user accounts, permissions, and access rights for
all corporate systems.
- Contributes security aspects to DevSecOps integration including
assessment and approval of code and hardening activities to BI
systems, and performs security audits of new applications and
systems prior to production implementation.
- Assists in the evaluation, design and implementation of new
security services in accordance with the BI security Strategy and
- Tracks, assesses, and monitors security controls, and provides
regular reports for FedRAMP ATO and SOX compliance.
- Monitors threat landscape for potential security impacts to
- Keeps current with emerging security best practices.
- Represents security in change control management process.
- Develops, implements, tracks, and champions security awareness
across the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned..Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or
related field or equivalent experience.
- Cybersecurity or equivalent certification preferred.
- At least three (3) years of experience in the following
- Computer network and/or system operations and IT security
- Network firewall, IDS/IPS, EDR, VPN security
- Ability to pass a federal background check and obtain a
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must live in the U.S. 3 of the last 5 years (military and study
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection
(SIEM), vulnerability scanning, patching automation, infrastructure
hardening, and content filtering.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, incident response, computer
forensics tools, technologies, and methods.
- Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application
- Working experience supporting SOX and/or FISMA, and FedRAMP ATO
- Working knowledge of network, TCP/IP, SSL, VPN, DNS, OS
(Unix/Linux/Windows) and related security principles.
- Observational skills to validate data obtained via log files
and network scanning.
- Strong documentation, communication (written and verbal), and
- Ability to quickly diagnose and resolve complex cybersecurity
- Ability to communicate technical issues to all levels.
- Ability to share knowledge and experience across team.
- Ability to provide detailed and summary documentation.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain
- Ability to travel to support the security posture of the
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.Working Conditions: Encountered on
a regular basis as part of the work this job performs.
- Typical office environment.
- Requires some work in an environmentally controlled room with
cold temperatures and moderate noise.
- Provides on-call support after standard business hours 24 x 7
on a rotating basis.
- Required to respond timely for any/all security issues
24x7.BenefitsAs a Security Engineer, you will be part of a stable,
established, and yet still growing organization with a great deal
of diversification that will present you with a range of different
challenges. We value your hard work and professional dedication and
will reward you with a competitive compensation package that
includes full benefits.Your benefits will include:
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 15 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependent)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various discount programs Your world of opportunities begins
here! Apply today!
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Boulder , Security Engineer, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!