Sr. Manager, Engineering
Company: AGC Biologics
Posted on: June 20, 2022
AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and
Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving
life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because
of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams,
AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an
extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As
such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and
technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and
cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge
exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never
lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug
substance supply. Right. On Time. For more information, visit
www.agcbio.com.SummaryThe Senior Manager, Engineering manages a
team comprised of Automation, Process, Reliability and Utilities
Systems Engineers. This position is responsible for equipment
performance, reliability, cost reduction/improvement, waste
reduction, downtime reduction, as well as ensuring compliance with
established policies, procedures and industry standards. This
position manages internal resources in the above stated areas,
works with vendors and consultants as required, and participates as
an active member of the site Engineering Leadership Team. Further
accountability for scheduling, training, mentoring and performance
appraisals of staff. This position will report directly to the Site
Head of Engineering and will be a leadership role within the
- Manage direct reports and provide leadership and guidance for
their professional and personal development.
- Ensure information flow, problem-solving, goal setting,
performance evaluation, and process improvements by coaching,
empowering, and supporting the engineering staff in a High
Performance Work System (HPWS) environment.
- Assess and build technical capability staff.
- Initiate design changes and modifications to improve Process
Reliability, meet cost reduction goals and reduce dependencies on
manual labor on an on-going basis.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of effective
preventive maintenance programs and appropriate spare parts
procurement & inventory control.
- Own and drive safety programs to ensure personnel are in
compliance with federal/state and company policies and
- Develop positive partnerships with other operational functions
and suppliers to ensure human capital, equipment, production and
sanitation processes are used in the most effective/efficient
manner to meet or exceed manufacturing targets.
- Drive EHS and GMP compliance to ensure a successful
- Achieve sustainability goals around utilities and waste
- Coordinate the selection, design and layout of biological
- Prepare, review, and approve vendor scopes of work and
- Manage client expectations efficiently, with minimal guidance,
while maintaining strong working relationships with all client
- Ensure fiscal accountability
- Develop/maintain team dashboard.
- Manage/resolve planning and scheduling conflicts.
- Assess resources required and resolve cross-functional
- Develop objectives working with user requirement and business
- Communicate issues or risks in a timely and effective manner;
develop contingency/mitigation plans to address/resolve complex
- Drive operational excellence and continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by AGC Biologics. Knowledge, Skills &
- Demonstrated deep understanding of cGMP Manufacturing and FDA
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership and oversight in a
highly regulated or pharmaceutical and/or biotech facility.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software applications such
as SCADA, BMS and DeltaV.
- Knowledge of current best practices, principles and standards
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ethics, integrity, and sound professional
- Must demonstrate high energy level, enthusiasm, initiative,
flexibility, and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Quality by Design, Six Sigma or other operational
excellence tools used to create efficient and high quality
- Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment, willing
to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions,
work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
certification strongly preferred.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System; BMRAM a
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Biotechnology/related science;
or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 10 years of manufacturing equipment maintenance
experience with increasing levels of responsibility and authority
or 8 years for MS candidates.
- Minimum of 5 years in a management role.
- Experienced working with plant systems such as: WFI, HVAC,
Steam, Compressed air and Chilled water systems in addition to
equipment like: reactors, stainless steel vessels, chromatography
columns, etc.Compensation Range$129,500 - $155,400AGC Biologics
offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly,
collaborative culture that values personal initiative and
professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or
medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, national origin,
physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected
veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and
Keywords: AGC Biologics, Boulder , Sr. Manager, Engineering, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!