Company: Live Power
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Live Power Intelligence is a rapidly growing company that uses
patented sensors to provide real time power plant & transmission
line data for wholesale electricity market participants.
The Firmware team at Live Power is responsible for the embedded
firmware on thousands of devices in the field with the expected
number of devices to double over the next year.
We are looking for a humble, driven individual with a team first
mentality to help develop and maintain our code base.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop high level design approach for new software
functionality based on evolving business and technical
- Debug issues observed in the field.
- Generate well defined code documentation.
- Improve testing processes for code releases.
A successful candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of experience as working engineer -
- Experience using microprocessors with limited memory such as
the MSP430 a plus
- Experience with optimizing system power management in battery
- Experience with embedded cellular modems for data transfer
- Familiarity with performing circuit evaluation and
characterization using bench test equipment including
oscilloscopes, signal generators and logic analyzers
- Experience with I2C, UART, SPI and other buses.
- Strong background in C/C++ and scripting languages such as
Python and shell scripting
- Excellent communication skills to interact with non-engineers
- Experience with signal processing and algorithm development a
- Experience working with GPS/GNSS applications a plus
- Strive to understand how their contribution creates value to
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or
Power Systems Engineering
- Ability to handle moving and lifting 25 lbs. throughout the
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience (Salary range between
- Annual bonus award
- Paid vacation & holidays
- 401k + company match
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Per diem and mileage travel reimbursements
- Boulder, Colorado
- Remote work possible during Covid and occasionally under normal
Keywords: Live Power, Boulder , Firmware Engineer, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!