Principal R&D Engineer - RPE Ligasure Jaws
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Principal R&D Engineer - RPE Ligasure Jaws Careers that
The Principal R&D Engineer - RPE Ligasure Jaws position is
responsible for the application of their specific engineering
field, along with expanded knowledge of medical and business
fundamentals, to work with the Sustaining and Sourcing teams,
respectively, to create and execute a long-term jaw supply chain
strategy with our primary development partner. A Principal Engineer
is a subject matter expert and very highly proficient within
his/her engineering field. He/She may perform a wide range of
functions including mentors, technical experts, project leaders,
and managers, and often support multiple projects at the same time.
In addition, he/she possesses a basic working knowledge of one or
more other related disciplines.Medical SurgicalThe Medical Surgical
Portfolio strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment,
faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes
through less invasive surgical solutions.SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets
the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating
innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and
diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung,
abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.A Day in the
- Cross functional leadership role reporting to R&D, training
and working directly with the R&D Jaw Design group.
- Senior position that will be the primary point of contact
working with Operations/Sourcing on jaws after the
Commercialization phase exit of a project
- Work with Sustaining and Sourcing teams to create and execute a
long-term jaw supply chain strategy with our primary development
- Resolve performance concerns proactively or as they arise with
jaws on legacy devices, with the potential to transfer
designs/manufacturing to low cost locations
- Troubleshoot jaw related issues that occur as part of routine
- Design and assemble basic prototypes for feedback and
- Develop manufacturing, technical and organizational
- Develop and perform engineering tests, measurements and
- Troubleshoot technical problems, determine and execute
- Review and statistically analyze component, device and
engineering test data to support and justify data-based
- Select, develop and qualify component suppliers.
- Document critical information within presentations, memos,
protocols, reports, reviews and notebooks.
- Create and/or contribute to project scoping, planning,
budgeting and schedules.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary project team and other
functional areas to achieve project targets.
- Lead peers, technical and multi-disciplinary project
- Demonstrate drive for results, creative problem solving,
effective teamwork and communication.Must Have: Minimum
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree
with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Intermediate skill using industry standard computer aided
design software and productivity software.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, and qualifying
components as part of a product or system as it relates to low and
high-volume manufacturing processes.
- Extensive experience with prototyping tools, materials and
- Extensive experience with using electrical and mechanical
measurement equipment for specifications and test
- Experienced in various manufacturing assembly methods.
- Working knowledge of various technical standards and
regulations as well as standard engineering documentation
- Extensive experience developing project scope, plans and
resource requirements in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experienced leading teams and peers as a subject matter
- Working knowledge of adjacent engineering fields.
- Diligent, motivated to learn, and has the aptitude to learn
- Politically savvy and personable enough to work with a diverse
group of individuals (from different departments, suppliers) that
may potentially have different goals and expectations for a given
- Organized and tactful communicator with ability to be persist
and hold others accountable in order to achieve results
- Advanced degree in related technical field
- Extensive experience in the development of consumer level or
- Experience mentoring and managing others.
- Experienced in determining user needs through direct
observation and discussion.
- Experienced with FDA and ISO medical standards.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Working knowledge of surgical procedures and techniques.
- Medical device/FDA regulated industry experience.
About MedtronicTogether, we can change healthcare worldwide. At
Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and
services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend
life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better
than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding
place to be.We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create
meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right
people on our team. Let's work together to address universal
healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the
future.Physical Job RequirementsThe physical demands described
within the Responsibilities section of this job description are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required
to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and
co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work
Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each
role. (ADA-United States of America)
Maintenance Technician Smeal Fire Apparatus a REV Group Company
Snyder, Nebraska Buyer II Assembler- Fleetwood/ RRG REV Group
Decatur, Indiana Production Lead-Horton Emergency Vehicles Horton
Emergency Vehicles Grove City, Ohio Automotive Painter I-Horton
Emergency Vehicles Horton Emergency Vehicles Grove City, Ohio
Keywords: Medtronic, Boulder , Principal R&D Engineer - RPE Ligasure Jaws, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!