Senior Security Engineer
Posted on: November 25, 2022
IntroductionInformation and Data are some of the most important
organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security
Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing
business requirements to design and implement the best security
solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to
find the balance between enabling and securing the client's
organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the
fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.Your Role
and ResponsibilitiesThe Senior Security Operations Center Analyst
position will be a member of a dedicated security team within IBM
Consulting Federal. In this role, the Senior SOC analyst will
support a dedicated 24x7x365 operation for a federal program. The
Senior SOC Analyst will serve as an advanced escalation point for
Tier I & Tier II analysts identifying & addressing potential
information security incidents & indicators of compromise.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a technical trainer & mentor for multiple SOC
- Lead, conduct, support & coordinate investigation, threat hunt,
incident response, & other SOC activities
- Tier 3 services, including malware & implant analysis, and
forensic artifact handling & analysis. This involves 24x7x365
coordination, execution, & implementation. Required Technical and
- At least 5 years of experience inworking in a 24x7x365 SOC
- Analyzing system & network logs for security events, anomalies,
& configuration issues.
- In-depth experience working with SIEM technology to monitor &
manage security events.
- Strong background in incident response, system/network
operations & threat intelligence.
- Experience utilizing enterprise security technologies such as
SIEM/SOAR, NGAV/EDR, Vulnerability Scanners, & Threat Intelligence
- Deep understanding of enterprise environments, specifically
cloud-based & hybrid cloud environments.
- Deep understanding of common cyber intrusion frameworks such as
Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, MITRE ATT&CK with the ability
to train others
- Ability to earn a Public Trust clearancePreferred Technical and
- CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH
- Understanding and experience with Federal Security Standards
such as NIST and DoD
- Understanding and experience with FedRAMP Cloud Security
Keywords: IBM, Boulder , Senior Security Engineer, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!