Highway Maintenance Technician
Company: Roy Jorgensen Associates
Posted on: September 8, 2023
HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN LOCATIONDenver, Colorado COMPANY
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is a privately owned company
headquartered near Washington, D.C. with ongoing maintenance
clients throughout the United States. With 60 years as a leader in
maintenance contracting and consulting, Jorgensen has provided
service to clients in 40 states and 24 foreign countries. As the
first firm to specialize in facilities and highway assets
maintenance, our firm has developed many of the maintenance
contracting, management and organization practices in use today.
Jorgensen is a national provider of maintenance services, employing
engineers, technicians and multi-discipline professionals. Our firm
has held significant operations and maintenance contracts
worldwide.JOB SUMMARYThis position is an entry level role. From
this position, you will have the opportunity to learn maintenance
business basics. Most of the work for this position does not
require any previous training or experience in the maintenance
business. Most assignments are routine and repetitive, requiring
brief instructions usually involving lifting, carrying, manual
loading and unloading.SALARY$19 - $24/hr for non CDL
Drivers$24-$27/hr for CDL DriversRESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of general maintenance tasks and follow
verbal and written instructions.
- Follow instructions and specifications to determine work
- Work as part of a team performing various highway maintenance
- Safely operate hand/power tools and equipment required to do
each job; care for and maintain these tools and equipment in order
to ensure long lasting use.
- Follow all site safety precautions and procedures.
- Maintain a secure job site to eliminate potential safety
- Work safely alongside mechanical equipment.
- Follow the instructions of the individual(s) in charge.
- Safely operate SUV and up to -ton pickup trucks, if
- Complete daily logs and perform routine maintenance checks on
assigned vehicles: check fluids, air filter, tire pressure, change
- Participate in weekly safety meetings and required
- Be a dependable and reliable member of the team.
- Show initiative; seek out work and get the job done without
- Provide assistance to other workers as necessary.
- Communicate clearly with supervisors and other team
- Previous highway maintenance, construction or outside
laborer/manual work experience a plus
- CDL A or CDL B license a plus
- Experience operating heavy equipment a plus
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pound repeatedly
- Will ascend/descend structures to perform job duties
- Work safe and independently in vehicle traffic zones
- Ability to work safely in a wide range of environmental and
weather conditions (i.e. work in hot, cold or wet conditions for
extended periods of time)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time while operating
equipment and must wear personal protective equipment at all times
on job site
- Maintain company standards for background checks (i.e. criminal
record, driving record and controlled substance/drug testing)
- High School Diploma or GED preferredRoy Jorgensen Associates,
Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity
in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Boulder , Highway Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!