Company: Boulder Community Hospital
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Boulder Community Health -- Clinically Integrated Network
Boulder , CO Management Half time , Days - 8 hour shifts , Days
Posted 12/23/2020 Boulder Community Health was recently honored as
Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County
Gold, their People's Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder
County. Come join us and be a part of an independent,
community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your
work will make a difference in people's lives and be a positive
contribution to the community. POSITION SUMMARY The Medical
Director, Clinical Integration provides leadership and oversight of
Boulder Valley Care Network's clinical operations and partners with
the Executive Director, Clinical Integration in management, either
directly or indirectly, of the Clinical Integration Management
Team. The Clinical Integration Management Team is composed of a mix
of individuals employed by participants of the Clinically
Integrated Network (CIN) as well as direct employees of Boulder
Valley Care Network (BVCN). The Clinical Integration Management
Team is responsible for performing centralized administrative
support in the implementation and operations of the BVCN strategy
as determined by the BVCN Board, including supporting facilitation
of Board and Committee meetings, training on efficient and
standardized clinical workflows, monitoring of network and
participant performance, facilitation of process improvement and
change management, idealized staffing models and regulatory
compliance. The Medical Director is responsible for providing
operational guidance and deployment strategies to network entities
in line with the strategic direction defined by the BVCN Board. The
Medical Director will advise BVCN Governing Board on strategies of
performance improvement, quality reporting and assurance, training
and education, operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
The Medical Director will be an active participant of BVCN and will
provide patient care in a clinic setting on a part time basis. JOB
QUALIFICATIONS Education or Formal Training Graduate of school of
medicine and residency program. Board Certification in primary
field of medicine Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to work effectively in a dyad leadership model with the
BVCN's Executive Director
- Education, certification, and/or coursework in management and
improvement science desirable.
- Clinical credibility with physician constituents.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis and understanding of
best practices and how to successfully work within the Department's
deployed Electronic Medical Record (EMR) environment.
- Experience working in an integrated health team.
- Knowledge of and ability to uphold and support organizational
policies and regulations to include The Joint Commission (TJC)
compliance, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act
(HIPAA), and any and all federal, state, and local regulations and
standards applicable to BCH and the Department.
- Evidence of showing firmness of resolve with administration,
health care providers and medical staff.
- The ability to communicate effectively with health care
providers, clinical and administrative staff in order to positively
- The ability to adjust leadership style to the specific needs
and talents of the various clinical and administrative staff,
managers and health care providers.
- Demonstrated sound leadership ability and judgment.
- The ability to set and articulate a clear vision and goal.
- Ability to manage and co-manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in high stress
- An ability to work cooperatively with others in a consistently
cordial and productive manner.
- An ability to appropriately utilize available resources.
- Ability to collaborate and promote teamwork.
- High tolerance for complex, ambiguous and ever-shifting
- Comfort working in groups and has the ability to form working
- Understanding of how to create change through influence and not
through direct authority.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make sound, and sometimes rapid
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience, preferred at least 10
- Prior experience with managed care and/or Medicare, Medicaid
value-based reimbursement models such as shared savings, CPC
(Comprehensive Primary Care)
- Three to five years of progressive management and leadership
experience in health care setting preferred.
- Demonstrated positive results in spanning the dichotomy between
practicing health care providers and administration. MATERIALS AND
EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED Medical and computer equipment and phones
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
- Involves long periods of sitting, standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25
- Ability to work with culturally diverse staff.
- Ability to communicate within diverse populations.
- Ability to hear normal-level conversations and recall/record
- Operate within designated work area to include frequent
communication over the telephone with BVCN participants, community
resources and other health professionals.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing
radiation, medicinal and other conditions common to a clinic
environment, including blood and body fluids.
- Accomplishes tasks while working under pressure of deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the philosophy of population health, clinical
integration, and the Triple Aim (better care, better health, lower
costs) and effectively promotes it to physician participants and
clinicians throughout the community
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the BVCN Governing Board and
advises the Board in the development of the organization's strategy
to improve patient care.
- Partners with the BVCN Executive Director in a dyad leadership
structure to implement and manage the BVCN strategy as designed by
the Governing Board
- Supports the Clinical Quality and Credentialing Committee Chair
in the effective facilitation of the committee and serves as a
physician subject matter expert of evidence-based medicine and
emerging trends to support the inclusion and impact of measures in
the Clinical Integration program.
- Partners and collaborates with executives and operations teams
of the BVCN participants to effectively align resources from all
participant organization in attaining the BVCN strategy.
- Helps represent health care provider and clinical staff
viewpoints to BVCN Governing Board and relay Board views to the
health care providers, clinical and administrative staff.
- Directs and oversees the needs for process redesign to promote
a standard network-wide delivery of care that improves operational
efficiency, improves service quality, reduces expenses, improves
patient flow and streamlines communication for the BVCN.
- Ensures BVCN achievement of medical cost, financial
performance, patient/provider satisfaction, and clinical quality
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for
analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency, and
productivity of clinical and data systems workflows.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate training and retraining of
all clinical and non-clinical staff to appropriately use
standardized data systems, workflows and competencies.
- Provides leadership in the development and management of the
BVCN's coordination of care program, including development of
utilization goals, management of care management resources,
facilitating interdisciplinary design of evidence-based workflows
and endorsement and facilitation of care coordination education for
- Reviews the delivery of services and care provided to patients
for conformance to BVCN and professional standards, identifies
physicians who are not achieving standards, and develops strategies
to improve performance. About Boulder Community Health and Boulder,
Colorado Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the
values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community
Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a
community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics,
we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our
citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our
state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals
who offer an extensive range of medical services. Nestled in the
foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right
outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped
mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring
a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare. Surround
yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community,
while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along
with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including
health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and
much more. EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace
Keywords: Boulder Community Hospital, Boulder , Medical Director, Executive , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!