Company: Bobos Oat Bars
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Free shipping on all orders. Discounts applied at checkout.
Position Title: Director-Emerging Channels Reports To: EVP Sales
FLSA Status:--Exempt Position Summary:-- The Director-Emerging
Channels is a key leadership position for the company and is
accountable for driving company revenue in Emerging Channels at
Bobos. The director is responsible for ensuring gross margin goals
are met and building the strength of the Bobo's brand. This
position requires a highly motivated individual with strong
professional sales skills, acumen, interpersonal skills, and the
ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders.
Candidate must have a strong track record of success in building
emerging companies, be able to work in a team environment, and be
passionate about meeting stretch objectives with a high sense of
urgency. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing channel strategies and calling on
multiple channels of trade to include but not limited to Food
Service, Specialty, Military, Emerging Channels
- Responsible for managing multiple brokers as an enabler to
development across channels
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve/ exceed sales
targets and to expand the company's customer base through new and
expanded distribution opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to maximize
trade allocation and ensure the appropriate customer programing is
in place to support and sustain business development.
- Understand data analysis and possess the ability to identify
and communicate retailer specific opportunities
- Comprehend category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting
on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products
and category opportunities and position them against competitors
through proposals and excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to close key account opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence
credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Represent organization at trade exhibitions and events
- Experience successfully collaborating and partnering with
brokers, distributors and retailers
- Develop, train and ensure adherence to defined sales process
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage our broker partners in
applicable channels. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree: business and marketing majors preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in calling on Food Service
Accounts; must have intimate knowledge & successful experience
working with DOT, Aramark, Sysco
- Experience developing channels which are new to a brand
- Natural Foods and emerging brand experience preferred
- Experience working at HQ level with Military, Mass & Club a
- Possess key functional understanding across Food Service, trade
management and category management
- Prior experience with brand development and systems to support
aggressive business growth
- Experience working with cross functional teams such as
marketing, finance, operations.
- Key leadership characteristics: integrity, leadership/drive for
results, collaborative, flexible, strong communicator
- Excellent listening, negotiation, verbal and written
- Candidate must be a proficient user in POWERPOINT, EXCEL,
OUTLOOK and SPINS/Nielsen.
- Candidate must be proficient and comfortable on virtual
platforms such as Zoom & Microsoft Teams
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Positive and enthusiastic Language/Mathematical/Reasoning
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against
- Highly analytic, ability to manage trade and P&L for
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors,
retail reps and consumers
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
(both written and oral)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling
skills are a must
- Innovation and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding
business Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit,
stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and
arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to
walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include looking at a computer screen
and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to travel,
drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and email.
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 50% of time if
and when the industry reopens customer meetings, trade shows,
general company travel
- May include frequent travel to Boulder, CO Resume Submission:--
All candidates with relevant experience please submit resume and
cover letter to Jobs@EatBobos.com . Please put "Director Emerging
Channels" in the subject line of email. Thanks! Sign up for email
to receive 10% off your first order.
Keywords: Bobos Oat Bars, Boulder , Director-Emerging Channels, Executive , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!