Mechanical Engineering Manager II - Process and Tools
Company: Ball Aerospace
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.At our
core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we
can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each
other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest
challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback
and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture
where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team
member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to
work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go
Beyond.For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .The
Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the
organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the
successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for
our customers missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams
are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and
strong execution.Mechanical Engineering ManagerII Process and
ToolsWhat Youll Do:
- Provide leadership, vision and guidance of Mechanical
Engineering Processes and Tools.
- Manage Mechanical Process and Tools team including hiring,
training, career development and providing a rewarding work
- Develop, plan, deploy, monitor and optimize systems that enable
mechanical product design through the full product lifecycle
(proposal to delivery).
- Identify, execute and track impact of initiatives to
continuously improve program execution.
- Elevate design and analysis work product quality.
- Develop and execute Mechanical Engineering tool and Knowledge
- Shape and support our digital transformation.
- Continually evaluate the marketplace to ensure Mechanical
Engineering staff has tools that optimize productivity and enable
- Collaborate with internal IT group to ensure infrastructure is
optimized and upgraded as required.
- Manage Augmented/Virtual Reality efforts to develop and deliver
- Coordinate COTS and in-house tool selection, licensing,
deployment, utilization tracking, improvement, maintenance and
- Manage all standard mechanical engineering processes including
development, deployment, revision, review, streamlining and
- Coordinate technical support for tool users.
- Collaborate with tool vendors to resolve issues.
- Develop and manage budget.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic
Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with
others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Perform other duties as necessary.What Youll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Understanding of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering Tools and related data systems.
- Engineering documentation and related Standards commonly used
to support DoD, NASA and commercial aerospace customers.
- Product Lifecycle Management Systems.
- Model Based Engineering.
- Knowledge of Information Technology systems.
- Ability to collaborate with Engineering, Production, Quality,
Materials and Mission Assurance organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of others.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance preferred.Flexible
On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person
engagement by working on-site for three or more days per work week.
Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible
non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions:
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to
the health and safety of all employees and is required as a
condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please
remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in
Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be
illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes
the use of some CBD products.A post-offer, pre-employment drug test
is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.A
current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not
required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must
be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an
offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable
clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to
complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to
evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security
clearance or government customer access associated with this
position.Relocation for this position is available.Compensation &
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $152,500 - $210,500 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- Subject to business performance and recommendations of
management, this role may be eligible to participate in an
incentive compensation plan.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or
visit our careers site.US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIREDBall Aerospace is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
disability status.#LI-LB1Equal Opportunity EmployerMinority,
Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and
Keywords: Ball Aerospace, Boulder , Mechanical Engineering Manager II - Process and Tools, Executive , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!