Electrical Engineering Manager
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job Title: Electrical Engineering Manager Location: Boulder, CO
Position Type: FT Environment: This is an "in-office" position
75-100% of the time with Covid precautions being taken. The
remainder of the time you may work from home. These percentages are
targets with the actual schedule to be determined in conjunction
with the Director's expectations for the position. Salary: up to
$185,000 + relocation + 10% bonus potential (of salary) + profit
sharing + 401K
Job Description: Due to our continued growth and investment in
R&D, we now have an opening for a talented Electrical
Engineering Manager. As the Electrical Engineering Manager, you'll
be leading a team of highly skilled Electrical Engineers on complex
designs from the research/conceptual phase through successful
product launch. This involves leading the planning, development,
prototyping, and documentation of electrical designs within the
product development environment. This position requires
coordination and collaboration of activities with other functional
managers and project managers within a matrix stage gate product
development environment. He/she will be responsible for providing
and ensuring consistent project planning, development plans, DFMEA
and risk analysis, and design rigor throughout all
commercialization projects, in accordance with our ISO Quality
Management System. Key accountabilities also include establishing
and maintaining the technical competencies of the electrical
engineering team by providing mentoring, training, evaluation, and
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Define core competencies and functional strategy in support of
overall business strategy. Plan skill evolution to meet strategic
needs & succession planning.
- Drive maximum reuse of development work and consistent
technical and architectural direction across projects.
- Define functional headcount requirements and assign individual
staff members to projects. Define and oversee functional
outsourcing and resource sharing arrangements to meet business
- Function well in a team environment. Gain consensus, lead,
influence, and ensure cross-discipline participation and
- Work with Project Managers and Product Line Managers to create
and maintain integrated program schedules using advanced scheduling
tools and processes such as MS Project, Gantt charts, and WBS.
- Act as technical expert within the electrical engineering
function, advising and coaching subordinates to resolve technical
or operational problems throughout the product lifecycle. Review
and ensure quality of all technical deliverables in functional
- Set annual and ongoing goals and objectives for group members.
Write and conduct annual appraisals for group members, actively
assessing team's needs and gaps.
- Define best-in-class functional processes, standards, and
tools. Create metrics on tracking design efforts, resources, and
effectiveness towards improving product development cycles and
- Lead functional process and tool improvement initiatives by
being early adopter of ideas. Foster creativity and innovation in
design solutions, with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a Customer focus and participate in VoC throughout the
- Ability to lead as Technical Project Manager on special
assignments & initiatives on an as-needed basis, within and outside
of R&D. Qualifications:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or
equivalent. A strong technical foundation in electrical engineering
design principles related to electromechanical systems controlled
- Minimum 10 years experience as an Electrical Engineer
developing complex electrical and electromechanical designs
supporting research and new product development.
- Minimum 5 years functional management or lead experience.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout CAD
tools, Spice based circuit simulation and modeling tools.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing laboratory equipment such as
oscilloscopes, signal generators, muti-meters, and spectrum
- Familiarity with ISO, CE, ETL, and other international
requirements and standards.
- Project management experience in a technology environment. Well
versed in MS Project, project risk mitigation, and experience in
balancing cost, schedule, and performance constraints.
- Successful product lifecycle experience. Working knowledge of
stage/phase-gate and Agile product development processes.
- Systematic approach to problem solving and issue resolution
combined with good understanding of the relevant technologies and
their practical applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision.
Ability to multi-task and provide expertise and leadership across
- Good oral and written communication skills, especially
technical writing. These additional desired skills would be a big
- MS Electrical Engineering
- Laser-based optics experience
- PMP certification
- Mentor Graphics CAD expertise
- Six Sigma or DFSS experience. Knowledge of failure analysis
methodologies such as fishbone, cause/effect, and 5-Whys.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Boulder , Electrical Engineering Manager, Executive , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!