Director of Development
Company: The Association of Colorado Independent Schools
Posted on: November 21, 2022
ACIS accredits, supports, and advances the interests of Colorado
independent schools. Reporting to and working in concert with the
Head of School, the Director of Development provides leadership,
and day-to-day planning, coordination and execution of all
fundraising and donor volunteer management at Mack. The Director of
Development provides strategic direction for the School's
advancement and external relations efforts, including establishing
and implementing an overall advancement strategy; ensuring annual
goals are met; implementing and managing all fundraising
initiatives including special events, annual giving, and special
projects; and preparing for a capital campaign in its early stages.
The Development Director additionally provides leadership for all
relevant marketing and outreach efforts supporting both admissions
and development efforts.The Director of Development expands and
diversifies Mack's donor base and pipeline by coaching and
partnering with the Head of School, staff and faculty members, the
Board of Trustees (with supporting committees and task forces),
committees, parents, and other ambassador groups. The Director of
Development confidently and charismatically builds and deepens
donor relationships, local connections and civic partnerships. This
position helps creatively elevate the brand, inspires the community
and represents the organization. The Director of Development plays
a critical role in the future success and expanded impact of Mack
Boulder.The incoming Director of Development will have the
opportunity to make a significant impact on our operations and our
ability to deliver on our core mission. Some of these opportunities
- Work and partner with an entrepreneurial, future thinking Head
of School to further grow and strengthen Mack and its philanthopic
culture. Be part of a nimble, action-oriented leadership team that
is curious, committed to excellence, and innovative.
- Strengthen our annual fund. We currently raise about $225,000
each year with 100% participation from the Board, staff, faculty
and parents, and we are poised for significant growth in this
- Grow our major gifts program to support special initiatives
such as The Orchard Center.
- Identify and implement innovative fundraising programs and
events to supplement and/or complement the regular auction. The
spring auction currently raises around $225,000.
- Develop and implement an effective planned giving program.
- Partner with the Board of Trustees to support its Development
Committee and Investement Task Force.
- Build a culture of philanthropy across the school community
that is healthy and lasting.
- Plan and execute an effective, future $5-6 million capital
campaign in partnership with the Head of School, the Board of
Trustees, and others.
- Enhance the brand of Mack Boulder with a variety of
stakeholders locally and regionally.Credentials and Experience:
- Significant experience (at least 7+ years) preferably for
not-for-profit development role, including management
- Proven track record in fundraising and sophisticated
understanding of the fundamentals of annual giving, capital
fundraising, and the relationship between the two.
- Tangible experience of cultivating and expanding existing and
new donor relationships with a focus on individual giving.
- Outstanding communication skills, especially writing and public
- Strong organizational skills, including great attention to
- Strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and school
- Ability to create sophisticated reports and to analyze and
synthesize data to maximize the development program's
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is
required with a strong preference for an advanced degree.
- Proficiency/experience with donor CRM database systems, social
media (Facebook, Instagram), Google Suite/ Microsoft Office,
graphics creation (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and email
software (Constant Contact) preferred.
- Able to work occasional evening and weekend hours for meetings
and events, as appropriate.In accordance with independent school
guidelines and local market conditions, the salary range for this
position is $95,000-$110,000 depending on skills and experience.
Full time employees of Mackintosh Academy - Boulder also have
access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes robust
healthcare, dental, vision, retirement, and generous paid time
off.Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as
possible by sending a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements
to Carolyn McCormick of Peak HR Consulting, LLC at
firstname.lastname@example.org . All applications are to be
submitted electronically. School : Mackintosh Academy - Boulder
Keywords: The Association of Colorado Independent Schools, Boulder , Director of Development, Executive , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!