Quality in Design Manager, Packaging
Company: Danone North America
Posted on: October 21, 2019
Dannon in WBS QUALITY is looking for a Quality in Design Manager,
Packaging in Louisville, CO!
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for
the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make
healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish
people s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon
Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy
Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest
Certified B Corporation in the world, we are committed to
redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we
create real benefits for people, our communities, and the
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone
North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and
Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North
America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading
benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26
weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture
committed to both business results and social purpose. When you
join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is
inspiring a healthier world through food.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: The Quality in Design Manager Packaging serves
as a liaison between the Quality organization and several functions
across the enterprise including Engineering, R&D, Marketing,
Procurement, Project Management, and Supply Chain. The primary
responsibility is to lead the packaging quality effort in the
commercialization of new products and processes through the entire
product design process from marketing concepts to mass
SCOPE OF ROLE: The Quality in Design Manager Packaging will support
innovation, renovation, & productivity projects with internal
customers while assisting our manufacturing facilities that produce
Danone products with the project and product/package
commercialization. This position will also serve as a QFS &
Technical subject matter expert in our existing and upcoming
product categories with focus on Packaging. As needed, the Quality
in Design Manager will engage in activities with equipment
manufacturers, industry colleagues, and regulatory agencies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Represent QA on Program Management teams, coordinating quality
efforts with cross functional core team members.
* Administer technical guidance on new projects to ensure processes
and equipment are capable of meeting company standards for Quality
and Food Safety
* Provide quality assurance expertise/direction/support in the
manufacture of new and existing products/packaging
* Coordinate design activities with all other functional Quality
managers involved in the Product Life Cycle including Plant Quality
Managers and the Sales & Supply Chain groups.
* Perform technical qualifications of potential new facilities to
ensure quality and food safety expectations are met; deliver a
remediation recommendation plan as needed.
* Overall Risk Management mitigation through problem solving or by
use of specific tools & controls.
* Follow company program management process ensure that quality and
food safety requirements are adequately met
* Provide project status, risk, alerts, and action plan reports and
communications to leaders and cross functional colleagues.
* Participate in validation of Project phase transitions using
updates on risk assessment/risk management
* Work closely with cross-functional technical team to troubleshoot
and communicate packaging and process problems in design where
necessary - ensure root cause and corrective actions are
appropriate and are fully implemented.
* Develop a rapport with plant and QA managers of all company owned
and contract manufacturing facilities.
* Provide support for quality and process improvement
* Utilize Six Sigma, Lean, and/or other continuous improvement
concepts to improve quality, efficiency, and waste.
* Stay current with all key regulatory and certifying agency
* All other duties as assigned.
TRAVEL: Estimated at 30-50% primarily to Danone and contract
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
A. Education and Experience:
Degree: BS in Packaging Science/Food Science/Engineering or
equivalent. MS preferred.
* 5+ years previous Packaging Engineering and Quality Assurance
experience in food manufacturing environments with emphasis on ESL,
Aseptic, Baking, Plant Based, and/or Dairy manufacturing.
* Responsibilities for overseeing quality/technical services in
* Experience in risk analysis (i.e. HACCP, FMEA)
* Experience in Package development and different Packaging Formats
and Processes (injection molding, thermoforming, FFS, flexibles,
* Experience in Package materials for food & beverage industry
(PET, HDPE, PP and their properties)
* Experience in Package materials development & testing
* Understanding of plant production systems and manufacturing
* Prior or present responsibility as Quality Assurance
Manager/Engineer for a food manufacturing facility
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must be adaptable and flexible.
* Must be able to travel
* Strong Knowledge of product commercialization processes,
packaging, quality and food safety systems.
* Must have technical and scientific knowledge of packaging
formulation, industrial process and equipment
* Must be collaborative, have a technical curiosity, strong
troubleshooting skills, and have leadership ability
* Solid strategic skills and a demonstrated capacity to interface
at all levels of a matrix organization
* Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent record keeping/documentation skills
For more information about Danone, its people and its business,
please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of
Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White
Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Supply Chain Manager, Marketing
Manager, Quality, Engineering, Legal, Operations, Marketing
Keywords: Danone North America, Boulder , Quality in Design Manager, Packaging, Executive , Louisville, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!