RN Phone Triage Nurse (Part-time) - Pediatrics (Bo
Company: Boulder Medical Center
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Job DescriptionDo you enjoy working with friendly and helpful
people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a
career that offers a variety of learning opportunities? Are you
looking to make a positive impact on peoples' lives in our
community?Consider a career in the medical field at Boulder Medical
Center (BMC). We're an independent, multi-specialty, outpatient
network of providers and staff dedicated to engaging our patients
in high-quality, compassionate health care. For over 70 years, BMC
has been locally owned and operated, providing exceptional medical
care to patients across the northwestern Front Range and
surrounding communities. This unique business model is why many of
our employees come and stay!SummaryBoulder Medical Center (BMC) is
currently RNs to join our Pediatrics team as a Phone Triage Nurse.
This position works Monday and Wednesday for a total of 20 hours
per week. Additional perks this position will enjoy are evenings
and holidays off. In general our clinic hours are 8 am to 5 pm
Monday through Friday, and 8 am to 12 pm on Saturdays for primary
clinics. This position is eligible for the full benefit package.Job
- Determines daily provider location and availability and has
awareness of which provider is on call.
- Works with providers, nurses and patients to resolve questions
concerning medications, health education, and medical advice within
skill level and scope of practice.
- Works with providers, nurses, medical assistants and patients
to assess the urgency of patient problems. Assists the patient by
acquiring the appropriate appointment, as needed.
- Records and maintains complete and accurate records of patient
and physician communications regarding medical care according to
standard medical record documentation requirements according to BMC
- Retrieves phone messages in a timely manner and responds to
patient needs according to medical priority. Documents all incoming
calls in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and prior to "tasking
providers" that a call has occurred.
- Responds appropriately within skill level and documented
departmental policies and when appropriate. Seeks provider advice
when responding to patient's medical care.
- Follows through in a timely manner on patient requests.
- Submits electronically/faxes new prescriptions and refill
prescriptions according to provider orders. Records all
prescription/refill information in the medical record according to
standard requirements as stated in the BMC Nursing Protocols.
- Serves as a resource to clinic staff regarding medical
information, patient assessment, and nursing management of
- Assists in the development, maintenance, revision and
evaluation of treatment protocols.
- Utilizes relevant data, such as medical records and patient
complaints, observations and listening skills, to identify and
resolve problems in nursing care.
- Assists providers and staff in other ways as assigned,
including coverage of providers during staff shortages.
- Graduate of accredited nursing program. Current RN licensure by
the State of Colorado.Past Experience:
- 1-2 years' nursing experience.in a medical office, clinic or
hospital.Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to recognize and identify patient's symptoms and
use appropriate professional judgment in course of action.
- Broad knowledge base of general nursing practice, knowledge of
acute practice based on skill level, licensure and scope of
- Good history-taking skills, strong, competent computer skills;
accurate and complete documentation skills; good time management
and organizational skills.
- Relate well and communicate with patients, providers, and
- Able to demonstrate self-direction in establishing priorities
and working with little supervision.
- Able to maintain high level of precision in judgment, accuracy
of assessment, and skill in problem solving under stress based on
skill level, licensure and scope of practice.Salary ranges:
- $25.66 - $36.71 / per hour depending on experienceLocation:
- Boulder, CO
Benefits:BMC offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time
employees that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending,
company-paid life insurance and STD as well as voluntary benefits,
RTD EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off and 6 paid holidays annually.
Part-time employees are eligible for medical/dental/vision,
company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, and
Keywords: Boulder Medical Center, Boulder , RN Phone Triage Nurse (Part-time) - Pediatrics (Bo, Healthcare , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!