Medical Receptionist (Part-time) - GI / Neurology
Company: Boulder Medical Center
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionDo you enjoy working with friendly and helpful
people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a
career that offers a variety of learning opportunities? Are you
looking to make a positive impact on peoples' lives in our
community?Consider a career in the medical field at Boulder Medical
Center (BMC). We're an independent, multi-specialty, outpatient
network of providers and staff dedicated to engaging our patients
in high-quality, compassionate health care. For over 70 years, BMC
has been locally owned and operated, providing exceptional medical
care to patients across the northwestern Front Range and
surrounding communities. This unique business model is why many of
our employees come and stay!Summary:Boulder Medical Center (BMC) is
currently seeking a Medical Receptionist to join our GI / Neurology
team! This position will be part-time working 24 hours per week,
Monday through Friday. This position is benefit eligible and will
enjoy evenings and major holidays off.Job Duties:
- Answers the telephone promptly, evaluating patient needs to
determine appointment type.
- Summarizes appointment details prior to ending the phone
- Manages all phone functionalities such as transfers, placing
callers on hold, forwarding phone to afterhours message system,
- Accurately records patient name, numbers and demographic
information using correct spelling and punctuation.
- Schedules / reschedules / cancel appointments according to
provider preference and scheduling protocol.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must use good judgment, professionalism and discretion when
screening telephone calls, answering inquires and relaying
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain phone etiquette
using tact and diplomacy.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication
- Strong computer and data entry skills.
- Must possess strong grammar and spelling ability as well as the
ability to read, write and understand the English language.
- Neat, well-groomed appearance and courteous manner.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA compliance,
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree or some college coursework in Business or
Healthcare Administration, preferred.Experience
- One (1) year of previous work experience involving public
contact, preferably with heavy phone experience. Previous
experience with patient scheduling in a hospital or clinic setting,
highly desired. Bi-lingual ability (Spanish), a plus.Salary Range
- $15.75-$19.69;hour / depending on experienceLocation:
- Boulder, CO
Benefits:BMC offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time
employees that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending,
company-paid life insurance and STD as well as voluntary benefits,
RTD EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off and 6 holidays annually.
Part-time employees are eligible for medical/dental/vision,
company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, and
Keywords: Boulder Medical Center, Boulder , Medical Receptionist (Part-time) - GI / Neurology, Healthcare , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!