Medical Receptionist (full / part-time / as needed
Company: Boulder Medical Center
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionDo you enjoy working with friendly and helpful
people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a
career that offers a variety of learning opportunities? Are you
looking to make a positive impact on peoples' lives in our
community?Consider a career in the medical field at Boulder Medical
Center (BMC). We're an independent, multi-specialty, outpatient
network of providers and staff dedicated to engaging our patients
in high-quality, compassionate health care. For over 70 years, BMC
has been locally owned and operated, providing exceptional medical
care to patients across the northwestern Front Range and
surrounding communities. This unique business model is why many of
our employees come and stay!SummaryBoulder Medical Center (BMC) is
seeking Medical Receptionistto join our team! This is an exciting
opportunity for someone who is wanting bein the medical field and
apart of patient's healthcare journey. Ideal candidateswill have
strong interpersonal skills, experience working with the public,
anddesire to help others. As an outpatient clinic, this is an
exciting opportunity toestablish relationships with patients and be
a part of their ongoing healthcarejourney. 100% privately owned and
Physician operated, we provide care in over20 different
specialties, have 90+ providers practicing today, and we employ325+
Healthcare Professionals.Our openings range from full to part-time
status; both ofwhich are benefit eligible. If you are unable to
commit to a full or part-timeschedule, we also offer per diem (PRN)
positions with a commitment of at leasttwo (2) days per week. Job
perks include evenings, weekends*, and majorholidays off. Business
hours are Monday - Friday, generally from 8 am - 5 pmwith the
occasional voluntary four (4) hour shift on Saturdays from 8 am -
12pm for several of the primary clinics (Family Medicine and
Pediatrics).If you are unsure of which specialty you have a passion
for,we recommend joining the Float Pool. The Float Pool is an
exciting opportunityfor the individual who wants to gain experience
in multiple areas, and workwith different patient populations and
providers. If you'd like to hear more,apply today and recruiter
will be in contact with you!Job Duties:
- Answers the telephone promptly, evaluating patient needs to
determine appointment type.
- Summarizes appointment details prior to ending the phone
- Manages all phone functionalities such as transfers, placing
callers on hold, forwarding phone to afterhours message system,
- Accurately records patient name, numbers and demographic
information using correct spelling and punctuation.
- Schedules / reschedules / cancel appointments according to
provider preference and scheduling protocol.
- Navigates and operates Electronic Medical Records system,
arriving patient for appointments and inputting relevant
information as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must use good judgment, professionalism and discretion when
screening telephone calls, answering inquires and relaying
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain phone etiquette
using tact and diplomacy.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication
- Strong computer and data entry skills.
- Must possess strong grammar and spelling ability as well as the
ability to read, write and understand the English language.
- Neat, well-groomed appearance and courteous manner.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA compliance,
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree or some college coursework in Business or
Healthcare Administration, preferred.Experience
- One (1) year of previous work experience involving public
contact, preferably with heavy phone experience.
- Previous experience with patient scheduling in a hospital or
- Bi-lingual ability (Spanish), a plus.Salary Range
- $15.75-$19.69/hour; depending on experienceLocation:
- Boulder, CO
- Louisville, CO
- Longmont, CO
Benefits:BMC offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time
employees that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending,
company-paid life insurance and STD as well as voluntary benefits,
RTD EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off and 6 holidays annually.
Part-time employees are eligible for medical/dental/vision,
company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, and
Keywords: Boulder Medical Center, Boulder , Medical Receptionist (full / part-time / as needed, Healthcare , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!