Medical Assistant (Part-time) - Infusion Medicatio
Company: Boulder Medical Center
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionDo you enjoy working with friendly and helpful
people in a positive work environment? Are you ready to embrace a
career that offers a variety of learning opportunities? Are you
looking to make a positive impact on peoples' lives in our
community?Consider a career in the medical field at Boulder Medical
Center (BMC). We're an independent, multi-specialty, outpatient
network of providers and staff dedicated to engaging our patients
in high-quality, compassionate health care. For over 70 years, BMC
has been locally owned and operated, providing exceptional medical
care to patients across the northwestern Front Range and
surrounding communities. This unique business model is why many of
our employees come and stay!Job SummaryBoulder Medical Center is
currently seeking a Medical Assistant (MA) to work as a Medication
Authorization Specialist in our Infusion clinic. This position will
work 16-20 hours per week.Job Duties:
- Performs daily review of incoming requests (faxed or
electronic) for pre-authorizations for prescription medications and
biologics for insurance products.
- Handles pre-certification process required by most insurance
companies for non-formulary medications; Completes correct
documentation in patient's medical chart.
- Responds to phone calls from BMC physicians, nurses, and staff
with managed care insurance questions regarding medications,
investigates problems or inquiries by contacting appropriate
insurance company, and communicates action or resolution to staff
in a timely and professional manner.
- Answers routine managed care insurance questions from patients
referring them to the appropriate insurance company or to their
employer when necessary for further benefit information or
interpretation of policy.
- Communicates with patient to address and/or clarify problems or
concerns; Communicates action back to ordering provider in a timely
- Investigates and prepares appeals when claims are denied;
Notifies health plan with appeal and notifies patient of appeal
process and outcome.
- Works closely with BMC's insurance companies via phone, fax, or
written correspondence regarding effective/termination dates and
pre-authorization problems; Researches source documents, including
review of patient's medical chart, submits information necessary to
resolve initial inquiry and receive payment.
- Competently operates the Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
system; Attends mandatory EMR training and participates in on-going
EMR learning opportunities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable about managed care insurance rules and
regulations in order process referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Must be able to analyze detailed breakdowns of applicable
managed care insurance coverage and use judgement and initiative in
researching questionable charges and coverage.
- Must have accurate typing skills, strong computer knowledge and
experience operating office machines such as printers and fax
- Must possess basic math aptitude, professional manner, tact,
pleasant telephone voice, ability to initiate correspondence using
appropriate grammar, etc., ability to communicate appropriate
insurance policy rules to patients (for managed care
- Holds an active license for either Medical Assisting or
- 1-2 years' experience working with managed care insurance rules
and regulations or equivalent.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ICD-10 coding.Salary Range
- $17.36 - 24.61/hour; depending on experience
Benefits:BMC offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time
employees that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending,
company-paid life insurance and STD as well as voluntary benefits,
RTD EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off and 6 paid holidays annually.
Part-time employees are eligible for medical/dental/vision,
company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, and
Keywords: Boulder Medical Center, Boulder , Medical Assistant (Part-time) - Infusion Medicatio, Healthcare , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!