Certified Nursing Assistant (Full-time) - Family Medicine (Boulder, CO)
Company: Boulder Medical Center
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Do you enjoy working with friendly and helpful people in a positive
work environment? Are you ready to embrace a career a that offers a
variety of learning opportunities? Are you looking to make a
positive impact on peoples' lives in our community?
Consider a career at Boulder Medical Center (BMC). We are 100%
privately owned and Physician operated, we provide care in over 20
different specialties, have 90+ providers practicing today, we
employ 325+ Healthcare Professionals, and we have locations
through-out Boulder County, CO.
Boulder Medical Center (BMC) is currently seeking Certified Nursing
Assistant (CNA) candidates to join our Family Medicine team! This
position is full-time, working 40 hours per week Monday -
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical / dental / vision,
flexible spending, company-paid life insurance and Short Term
Disability (STD) as well as several voluntary benefit options,
- EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO) and six (6) paid holidays
- Part-time employees are eligible for medical / dental / vision,
company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass,
401(k), and holiday pay (if regularly scheduled to work on an
- Day shift schedules are Monday through Friday. There are
occasional voluntary four (4) hour shifts on Saturday mornings from
8 am - 12 pm for several primary clinics (Family Medicine and
- Experience working in both primary care and specialty care
clinics. Job Duties:
- Prepares examination/treatment rooms for provider's use by
ensuring that appropriate supplies, equipment, and instruments are
available and ready on a daily/patient appointment basis.
Assists/chaperones as needed and/or instructs the patient in
preparation for the provider's examination and/or specific
treatment. Anticipates the needs of the provider by providing
appropriate instruments and supplies.
- Maintains examination/treatment rooms and lab areas in a neat
and orderly manner. Orders supplies when stock is running low and
ensures all expired items are removed and properly disposed of in
accordance with BMC protocol. Dirty laundry, biohazard should be
taken to the proper place at the end of each business day and
sharps containers need to be removed when at fill line. Use of
proper cleaning procedures between patients and at the end of the
day is required.
- Performs routine procedures within skill level and
certification per provider's order. Including, but not limited to,
vaccines, injections, allergy shots, suture removal, medication
administration, casting removal, assisting with biopsy collection,
blood draws, wound care, catheter changes, EKG's, etc. Procedures
vary based on department/specialty and must be approved by
- Prepares and records all medical information in the patient's
electronic medical record (EMR) (i.e. vitals signs, patient
history, medications, OTC medications, drug samples, vaccines,
quality information, diagnostic/lab orders, treatments, special
procedures, and/or instructions including referrals, etc.),
according to BMC Nursing/Departmental Protocol requirements.
- Answers phone calls and routes or tasks questions to
- Assists with Medical procedures under the direction of the
- Assists with other office duties such as Nurse Visits,
scrubbing, prepping, packaging instruments for sterilization, and
participates in flu shot/COVID shot clinics.
- Administrative duties such as adding and working ticklers,
going through and completing incoming faxes, filling out forms for
patients, helping with provider's unbilled encounters reports,
sorting through/labeling/scanning incoming records for patients,
checks and responds to emails on a consistent basis etc.
- Maintains electronic tickler system for reminders and specific
provider concerns. Follows up with patients based on tickler file
directions. Experience and Skills
- Self-starter, attention to detail, able to assess what
constitutes an emergency situation and alert the proper
- Good knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA and OSHA
- Good history-taking skills, strong, competent computer skills;
accurate and complete documentation skills; good time management
and organizational skills.
- Relate well and communicate with patients, providers, and
- Able to demonstrate self-direction in establishing priorities
and working with little supervision.
- Able to maintain high level of precision in judgment, accuracy
of assessment, and skill in problem solving under stress based on
skill level, licensure and scope of practice. Education:
- Completion of an approved CNA training program.
- Must possess current CNA certification or registration from an
accredited entity. Previous Experience:
- Previous experience as CNA preferred. Salary Range:
- $16.69 - $21.70 per hour; depending on experience Location:
- Boulder, CO
BMC offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees
that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending,
company-paid life insurance and STD as well as voluntary benefits,
RTD EcoPass, 401(k), Paid Time Off and 6 holidays annually.
Part-time employees are eligible for medical/dental/vision,
company-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits, RTD EcoPass, and
Keywords: Boulder Medical Center, Boulder , Certified Nursing Assistant (Full-time) - Family Medicine (Boulder, CO), Healthcare , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...