Clinic Nurse - Shelter - Clinic
Posted on: September 11, 2023
Clinic Nurse - ShelterWhat we offer:
* Retirement Plan
* + other Employee & Family Support Programs
Other Perks: Flexible Schedules, 4 weeks of PTO, Paid Holidays,
Growth Opportunities/Career Ladders
Compensation: Approximately $34.15 - $42.47 per hour. All
individual pay rates are calculated based on the candidate's
experience and internal equity.
Overview of Role:
Provide a nurse to Boulder Shelter so they can serve as a member of
the Housing Retention Team. As a member of the Housing Retention
Team this nurse will address the physical healthcare needs for
newly housed people in Boulder County delivering home-based care.
Skills should include the ability to provide independent off-site,
specialized nursing care which leads to the connecting patients
back to Clinica Family Health as their medical home and increasing
the over-all productivity of the clinic. Certain responsibilities
of this job are likely to change as the team and program further
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides nursing visits as defined by Clinica protocols.
* Promotes awareness of the health center's services and supports
entry into care.
* Provides independent nursing assessments, triage, and nurse
protocols in environments where no other providers are available.
(e.g. the Boulder Shelter, Home Visits)
* Provides nursing support outside the clinic in designated
* Assists providers or medical team with direct patient care and
* Provides training, education and mentoring of the medical team
Nurse in providing primary care through the life span.
* Triages patients, both by telephone and walk-in patients
efficiently and thoroughly.
* Assists with patient or medical team education and training.
* Models appropriate leadership for off-site care situations
* Assists with implementation of an effective Quality Improvement
Program as directed by Housing Retention Lead Clinician and/or CMD,
* Demonstrates knowledge of the principals of growth and
development over the life span.
* Completes and passes an annual competency assessment including
* Assists NTM with orientation, education, and training of new
clinical pod staff in clinical support activities.
* Manages projects as assigned by NTM or COD.
* Assists with administrative duties to support the NTM or COD as
* Proficient in the use of Clinica Patient Portal.
Education and Experience:
* RN licensure from an accredited school required with 2 years
experience in primary care.
* Additional community health and/or psychiatric experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Ability to independently provide nursing services to patients and
apply nursing protocols within scope of RN license consulting with
provider as needed.
* Capable of seamlessly transitioning from clinic setting to
homeless venues where healthcare and services are provided.
* Ability to flourish in a team system
* Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community
* Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
* Computer literate.
COVID-19 Vaccine (Required) Religious or Medical Exemptions
available via application process.
Clinica Family Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit
unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the
basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Clinica, Boulder , Clinic Nurse - Shelter - Clinic, Healthcare , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!