Cashier Team Member (Front End Service) - Part Time - Boulder, CO
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Located in - Boulder, CO
Provides support as a member of the Front-End team to include
assisting customers during the check-out process, performing all
cash register functions, bagging groceries, and working at the
customer service desk. Works to maintain attractive customer
service displays and support the regional Customer Service vision.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive
company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient
service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions
must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard
Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and
able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job
descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values
and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and
initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and
safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties
required in the department.
* Checks out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
* Upholds government regulations concerning sale of alcoholic
beverages and taxation.
* Follows proper check, ATM, and credit procedures.
* Uses proper tares procedures when ringing up scalable items.
* Cleans and stocks Front End areas, including own register -
changing tapes and ribbon as necessary.
* Follows all cash handling procedures - meeting and exceeding
regional cashier variance policy.
* May assist with training of new Cashier and Courtesy Team
* Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up
lines - helping reduce customer waiting time.
* Proactively participates in Regional Front End programs as
directed by leadership.
* Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
* Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers
in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling
techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
* Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures
for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising
* Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
* Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
* Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
* Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
* Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national
* Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and Team
* Maintains proficiency with the Front-End Code Book and PLUs:
* Strong basic math skills
* Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work
as part of a team.
* Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner
to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
* Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
* Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
* Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
with a sense of urgency.
* Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
* Strong attention to detail.
* No prior retail experience required.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
* In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
* Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
* Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting
* Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
* Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
* Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
The wage range for this position is $15- $20, commensurate with
experience. Whole Foods Market offers "Whole Benefits". Whole
Benefits may include retirement plan benefits, eligibility for a
store discount, paid time off and access to other benefit
programs.--- Eligibility for Whole Benefits is determined under the
terms of the applicable Whole Benefits plan at a person's date of
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary
of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as
an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties
or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Boulder , Cashier Team Member (Front End Service) - Part Time - Boulder, CO, Hospitality & Tourism , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!