Restaurant Shift Leader
Posted on: June 14, 2022
$17.00 - $21.00 + TIPS! - Based on skills and qualifications.
Potbelly Sandwich Shops, where Good Vibes and Great Careers are a
way of life! Come Build the Potbelly Nation with us.Potbelly got
its start in 1977 as a small antique store that turned into a
lines-out-the-door neighborhood sandwich shop. Before you knew it,
we were serving up delicious food in a fun environment at more than
400 shops across the United States.We continue to wake up every day
with one goal: Make people happy through good vibes and delicious
craveable food. Put those awesome ingredients together, and there's
no telling what we'll cook up next! Job Title: Shift
LeaderDepartment/Function: OperationsLocation: Field, in ShopReport
to: General Manager/Assistant ManagerDetails: NonexemptTravel
Requirements: RarelyGENERAL DESCRIPTIONLeads and behaves according
to Potbelly Values. Leads a shift by managing and developing
associates to execute outstanding product quality and customer
service, build sales and control costs for each shift. Follow
standard Potbelly operating policies and procedures with essential
areas of focus including but not limited to: FOCUSPeople
- Lead Associates on shifts, including assigning tasks (cleaning,
line duties, opening/closing duties), providing feedback and
- Know and support appropriate personnel policies, labor laws and
- Ensure all security procedures are executed (safe procedures,
open/close procedures etc.)
- Transitions into opening/closing duties.Customers
- Make customers really happy.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues.
- Empowers Associates to make sure all customers leave
- Execute and support all food safety requirements and
- Lead Associates to open, transition, and close shifts without
- Manage and organize the line and delegate duties to
- Know and uphold standards for product quality.
- Work the line as needed.
- Ensure back-of-the-house procedural standards are met.
- Promote sales on the shift through executing the marketing plan
within the four walls. Profits
- Control food costs, labor, waste, and cash on the shift.
- Count drawers and follow proper daily cash handling
procedures.ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Must have the ability/stamina to work a minimum of 40 hours a
- Ability to stand/walk for 8-9 hours per day and sit for 1-2
hours per day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for
periods of up to five hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely
manipulate and key in data.
- Must be able to work in both warm and cool environments,
indoors (95%) and outdoors (5%).
- Must be able to tolerate higher levels of noise from music,
customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products,
egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
- Ability to oversee a fast-paced, high-volume, customer-focused
restaurant through coordination of schedules, problem-solving,
maintaining cleanliness, training employees and providing great
customer service.EXPERIENE, EDUCATION AND BEHAVIORS
- Must represent Potbelly Advantage and Our Values.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in a restaurant or
- Minimum educational requirement: High School degree.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 2 opens and/or closes per
- As a requirement of the position, all Shift Leaders and
Managers must be trained and pass a Food Safety Certification
course. In Illinois certification is required through the Illinois
Department of Public Health, while in all other states
certification is required through the National Restaurant
Association (ServSafe), National Registry of Food Safety
Professionals or the National Environmental Health Association
(Prometric). Should the Shift Leader or Manager fail to pass the
certification requirements after two attempts, he or she will be
not be qualified to continue to perform in a Shift Leader or
- Ability to comprehend and communicate in English via verbal and
written communication, such that employee can perform his or her
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train and coach others.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills at all
- Must be a strong team-player.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, high-volume shifts while
providing excellent customer service.We're an equal opportunity
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Potbelly, Boulder , Restaurant Shift Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!