Company: Stonebridge Companies
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Bartender is responsible for greeting customers, taking
drink/food orders, mixing ingredients such as liquor, soda, water,
and sugar to prepare cocktails and other drinks, as well as serving
beer and other beverages, and completing transactions.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and approach all guests in a sincere, courteous and
service-oriented manner, and whenever possible, goes the extra mile
to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Learn guest's name and uses them to address them. Remember
regular guest's favorite drinks.
- Perform cashier duties following both Stonebridge Companies and
the Franchise standards, while ensuring quality service and guest
- Thoroughly and correctly set up the bar prior to opening; makes
sure bar is clean before and at the end of shift according to
operational policies and standards to ensure guest comfort and
- Completes necessary side-work as per schedule, this includes
stocking and organizing all liquor, juices, glassware, paper,
wines, cut fruit, etc.
- Knowledgeable about all menu items and beverages served, their
garnish, contents and preparation methods. Can answer guest's
questions regarding such with confidence and accuracy.
- Utilize suggestive selling techniques to increase check
- Must complete and maintain up-to-date alcohol serving class,
such as TIPS or other state approved classes.
- Adhere to all local and national liquor laws.
- Check guest order prior to serving to ensure that appearance,
temperature and portions are correct.
- Assist in maintaining beverage cost by reducing unnecessary
- To take and know inventory at all times and requisition daily
supplies as needed to ensure efficient operations.
- Take order accurately and follow proper cashiering functions by
completing/closing guest checks and submitting information into POS
- Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor.
- Be knowledgeable about the computer system to handle all guest
- Pre-busses and busses all tables per standards and prepares for
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to
local state laws.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and
observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties of the
position.DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGETo perform
the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
following competencies. Other competencies may be
required.Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific
time.Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality
service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.Associate
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.Associate
demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:A high school diploma or
general education degree (GED); and/or experience in a hotel or
related field preferred.Completions of Bartender's school or course
preferred.Minimum of one year of bartending experience
preferred.Must complete and maintain up-to-date alcohol serving
class, such as TIPS or other state approved classes.QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Ability to interpret and perform basic math functions.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system
functions.WORK ENVIRONMENT: Most work is conducted in an
environment with temperature control and natural and artificial
light. There could be frequent exposure to the outdoors.PHYSICAL
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or
applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all
aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including
recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training,
promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled
associates.Resumes and applications for employment will be
evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements
of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the
Keywords: Stonebridge Companies, Boulder , Bartender PT, Hospitality & Tourism , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!