Housekeeping Inspector- Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
Seasonal Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the
closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by
our convenient location, though you'll feel remotely tucked away in
our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain
lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase
new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the
adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are
looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies
or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We
work to play Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There's more than a free season pass waiting for
you! You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience
and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a variety of
perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and
seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY:
The Room Inspector inspects lodging facilities to ensure clean,
orderly, and attractive conditions of the establishment. This
employee is responsible for the training and correcting of all
housekeeping employees (in conjunction with the Manager of
Housekeeping and Housekeeping Supervisor). The Room Inspector will
follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws
(federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation
- Trains and coaches a team of Core, Regular, Seasonal, and Part
Time Housekeeping Staff (in conjunction with the Manager of
Housekeeping and Housekeeping Supervisor)
- Ensures the employees have to the skills, tools, and knowledge
required to perform their job at the highest level (while remaining
- Demonstrates standards and procedures for housekeeping staff to
follow, including: OSHA standards, Alterra G&Os, Quality
Assurance Program, Check-Lists, Safety Standards, Guest Service
Standards, and all company SOPs ( including HotSOS and
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the
- Documents inspection forms to hold cleaners accountable and to
use as recognition or re-training tools
- Investigates and improves new cleaning instruments and
- Researches green initiatives and products
- Has working knowledge of equipment and periodically inventories
and orders supplies and equipment (as required)
- Manages a safe employee and guest environment
- Ensures proper and timely communication with the Front Desk,
regarding: owner/guest special requests, early check-ins, late
check-outs, and room moves
- Is responsible that the Housekeeping staff follows the
established uniform and appearance policies and takes corrective
action if necessary
- Works as a room attended to clean units when needed
- Responsible for off-season duties, such as spring and fall deep
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Knows the Winter Park Resort Core Values and models them to
other employees This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office & moderate computer
functionality preferred Experience:
- At least two (2) years of related experience preferred
- Experience at a Mountain Resort Lodging Property preferred
- Experience with computer systems such as Springer-Miller
Systems (SMS) Property Management System, Kronos, and/or J.D.
Edwards (JDE) preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Is honest and demonstrates integrity
- Follows established resort policies and procedures
- Is able to manage confidential information
- Reports to work exhibiting a professional appearance within
- Is supportive of resort mission and core values
- Sets a positive attitude for others to follow
- Is comfortable challenging established policies and procedures,
but once decisions are made, is supportive of decisions
- Is organized and capable of performing multiple tasks
- Is trustworthy and self-directed in work tasks
- Sees projects through to completion including follow-ups on any
identified issues or long-term concerns
- Is able to handle a fast-paced working environment
- Is flexible with days and hours of work, based on resort
- Prioritizes, and re-prioritizes personal time versus work needs
to ensure a good balance in life, and quality of work.
- Every guest encountered will be acknowledged, thanked and
- At the end of the day, you will know you had a positive impact
on our guests
- Employee will strive to exceed guest's expectations
- Fulfills all owner and guest requests in a timely and
- Has strong knowledge of the resort/department, products,
services, has experienced many of those products and services
- Listens carefully to owner and guest needs and
- Anticipates & quickly responds to all owner & guest needs and
- Communicates will all vendors in a professional manner at all
times PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends and
holidays when necessary.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate
and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing
basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing
up to 200 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective
gloves. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
Winter Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
hourly pay range: $19.50-$23.00 per hour
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
. click apply for full job details
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Boulder , Housekeeping Inspector- Year Round, Hospitality & Tourism , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!