Housekeeper - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Year RoundWho We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the
closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by
our convenient location, though... you'll feel remotely tucked away
in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to
765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless
adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience.
Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort
or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and
an awesome experience waiting for you!Who We Are Looking For:
Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure
seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences,
marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep
you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your
first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a
long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in?Perks & Benefits: There's more than a free
season pass waiting for you! You don't just get a job at Winter
Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our
team, you'll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are
available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided!POSITION SUMMARY:Cleans and prepares units with Winter
Park Resort Lodging for guest arrival, maintaining a neat and clean
work environment, balancing work and personal life to maintain a
healthy life style.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Stocks and maintains a neat and orderly housekeeping cart
- Ensures they pick up after themselves at all times: including
housekeeping storage closets, employee breakrooms, and employee
- Sorts counts, folds, marks, or carries linens; make beds.
- Cleans kitchens including all counter tops, floors, silverware,
dishes, and applicances.
- Moves furniture, to sweep, vacuum, scrub, wax and/or polish
- Cleans rugs, carpet, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture, blinds, artwork, and all surfaces.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, door panels and
- Empties all wastebaskets and unsures cleanliness.
- Cleans bathrooms; including all showers, toilets, sinks,
counters, tile, and floors.
- Replenishes all supplies in unit.
- Notes and communicates any noted damage, extra dirty units, or
lost & found items to their Supervisor.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Knows the Winter Park Resort Core Values
- Follows all established uniform and appearance policies.
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as
needed.This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may
change.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Less than high school education is acceptable: or , up to one
month related experience or training: or, equivalent combination of
education and experiencePHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
CONDITIONS:This position may be required to work evenings, weekends
- Most work tasks are performed indoors- temperature is moderate
and controlled by environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
an average shift of 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing
basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing
up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach different floors of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary
equipment and products.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to non-slip shoes, protective eye wear, and protective
gloves.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able
to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.OTHER DUTIES AS
ASSIGNED:This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business.WAGE:The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits.hourly pay range: $18.00 - 27.00 per
hourAN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:Winter Park Resort is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of
employment.We do not discriminate against applicants or employees
on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or
any other status protected by state or local law.Winter Park Resort
will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with
known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of
employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation,
discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.This
job description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Boulder , Housekeeper - Year Round, Hospitality & Tourism , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!