Software Engineering Manager, Project Baseline (Boulder, CO)
Company: Verily Life Sciences
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of
technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the
world's health data useful so that people enjoy longer and
Our team combines expertise in healthcare, data science and
technology to improve the health and well-being of our communities.
We are developing the infrastructure and solutions to harness the
profusion of health information for good. Our data-driven solutions
span three primary areas: research, care and innovation. Programs
include Project Baseline - our research initiative to increase
participation and evidence generation in clinical research; Onduo -
our personalized virtual care platform, which includes connected
tools, lifestyle coaching and clinical support; and Debug - our
effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases by combining
machine learning with sterile insect technique. We're also actively
working to combat the spread of COVID-19 through new programs like
Healthy at Work.
The Baseline Platform (projectbaseline.com) has a mission to
accelerate scientific discovery and improve health outcomes. In
2017, we embarked on the journey to map human health through the
Baseline Health Study. This effort evolved into an end-to-end
clinical evidence generation platform that connects our Baseline
community with partner-sponsored trials. We are at the forefront of
clinical research. Together with our partners we are pioneering new
approaches to modernize the clinical research through
But we didn't stop at clinical trials. Recognizing the severity of
the Covid-19 crisis in the US, our team launched a community-based
Covid-19 testing program that scaled nationally and is testing
thousands of people a day! We are looking for experienced managers
and technical leads who want to grow the team, build a successful
product, and make a positive impact on health care and health
- Lead a team of software engineers.
- Drive technical aspects of the development including technical
requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and
- Oversee detailed designs, implementation, and test plan reviews
to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide status, release
iterations, and make design decisions throughout the
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a high
quality, FDA regulated software.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical
discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management
- Hands-on software development experience with two or more of
- Major programming languages (Java, C++, Python, etc.)
- Web/mobile application development
- Distributed and parallel systems
- Machine learning/natural language processing
- Information retrieval
- Developing large software systems
- Security software development
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem-solving skills to complex
issues. Preferred qualifications:
- Master's, PhD, further education or equivalent practical
experience in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical
- 3+ years of software leadership and management experience in
developing regulated software for the health care and medical
- 2+ years of management experience of teams of 10 or more.
- 5+ years of software development experience using one or more
general purpose programming languages including but not limited to:
- Experience developing full-stack products.
(Colorado only) Minimum salary of $156,000 + bonus + equity +
Keywords: Verily Life Sciences, Boulder , Software Engineering Manager, Project Baseline (Boulder, CO), IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!