Software Automation Engineer (Technology Development Group)
Posted on: January 5, 2022
SummaryPosted: Dec 23, 2021Weekly Hours: 40Role
Number:200307205We're looking for a creative and motivated Software
Automation Engineer with excellent problem solving and
communication skills. This position requires strong technical
ownership and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have 3+
years of Software Development on Apple platforms.Key
- 3+ years experience with developing and running automated test
- Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle, test
methodologies, and a passion for quality processes.
- Experienced in developing test strategies, tools, and
architecting test frameworks.
- Experience writing and triaging automated software tests (e.g.
unit-tests, regression tests, functional tests, stress tests)
- Experience in developing test plans, assessing risk, filing
appropriate bugs, and consolidating bug reports.
- Detail oriented, analytical, and creative with problem
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally and
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective
action.DescriptionThis position includes hands-on functional
testing, bug reporting/triage, maintaining test processes, and
execution of automated tests. You should have a strong aptitude for
learning new technologies, excellent interpersonal skills, and the
ability to test complex and meaningful projects. Tight-knit
collaboration with engineering teams and an ability to multitask
and thrive under pressure are key skills required to succeed in
this role. Your duties will include: - Development, deployment and
maintenance of automated tests - Analysis of test results and
delivering of clear and actionable bug reports - Identifying areas
of improvement in our documentation and processes, and addressing
issues with innovative solutions - Working cross-functionally with
numerous teams from a variety of disciples across Apple, including
hardware/software development, developer tools, design, QA and
project managementEducation & ExperienceBachelor's degree(B.S) or
Masters (M.S) in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with XCTest and Xcode
- Experience developing with the iOS or macOS SDK
- Experience with testing shipping consumer-oriented
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide
range of compensation factors, including your background and
experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to
vary. A Software Engineer in Test starts at a minimum annual salary
of $107,500. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills,
qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be
eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well
as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to
become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible
for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being,
confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility
Keywords: Apple, Boulder , Software Automation Engineer (Technology Development Group), IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!