WordPress Developer - Boulder, CO (On-Site, Remote, or Hybrid)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding,
designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999.
Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of
meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates,
and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet -offices
-(hybrid) and -remote -locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a
proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to
build comradery and stay connected. We love our team. If you join
our industry-leading development team as a WordPress developer, you
can expect to work on projects that will challenge you to learn and
grow as a developer. You'll be working alongside project managers,
user experience and visual designers, and other developers to
collaborate with our clients from major brands to world-changing
nonprofits to emerging startups and tech leaders. Viget == variety.
Our WordPress developers love WordPress -and are adept at
transforming requirements into efficiently configured, performant,
data models and know how to provide an exceptional admin experience
for our clients. They're equally comfortable building smaller sites
end-to-end or configuring and architecting larger sites where data
requirements and functionality need their specialized expertise.
Internally, WordPress developers are called "platform developers,"
and are part of a team of versatile developers who are dedicated to
industry-leading CMS development. To get a feel for how we think
and what we're learning about, read our tech articles, check out
code.viget.com, or jump straight to -our projects on Github. Our
- Build new sites using WordPress.
- Write clean and effective code and know when to separate
functionality into plugins.
- Have experience defining and implementing data models.
- Understand how to write performant queries and, more generally,
how to get the most out of WordPress.
- Have experience building interfaces from designs and can pitch
in on this work occasionally when needed.
- Enjoy keeping up with WordPress updates and the ever-evolving
landscape of plugins, while staying pragmatic about what to invest
their time and energy in.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration,
creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we
continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that
balances team-wide communication (e.g., standups, Slack
discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions,
and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted time for independent
- Listen, collaborate, and communicate exceptionally well. In a
given week, our WordPress Developers might be:
- In the thick of one large project or balancing 3 - 4 smaller
development tasks. There is no typical week when it comes to
projects, but the ability to context switch is essential.
- Collaborating with the project team -during early design phases
to help shape the scope and success of a project.
- Working with a data model in WordPress, building out a design
or writing WordPress plugins in PHP. Our WordPress developers are
equally comfortable in the front-end and back-end of the
- Reviewing pull requests from other developers on the same
project or across projects. We view PR reviews as opportunities to
practice our "always learning and teaching" ethos.
- Attending team meetings that are designed for sharing
knowledge, surfacing concerns, and generally bringing together a
group that is usually working separately across many projects.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic,
collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating
with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse
and inclusive company. Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual base salary of $75,000 - $105,000 (mid level) or $95,000
- $125,000 (senior) per year depending on location, skills, and
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales
referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity
(mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2
community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional
development) budget Introduce yourself using the application form.
Our recruiter, Katie, will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why
you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates
to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also
much appreciated. We encourage you to apply even if you don't meet
100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from
underrepresented groups to join our team. Before you get in touch,
feel free to learn more about -Katie -on Viget's People Team. You
can also get to know us better on -Twitter, -Flickr, -Vimeo,
-Instagram, and by exploring -pointlesscorp.com. We maintain a
drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship
at this time. Viget is -committed -to creating a diverse and
inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status,
religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any
other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions
or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please
email -[email -protected]#LI-Remote More Information on Viget Viget
operates in the Marketing Tech industry. The company is located in
Falls Church, VA, Durham, NC, Chattanooga, TN and Boulder, CO.
Viget was founded in 1999. It has 74 total employees. It offers
perks and benefits such as Remote Work Program. To see all 40 open
jobs at Viget, click here .
Keywords: Viget, Boulder , WordPress Developer - Boulder, CO (On-Site, Remote, or Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!