Company: Adafruit Industries
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Sphero has been inspiring the creators and inventors of tomorrow
through creative learning and play since 2010. From humble
beginnings in Boulder, CO, Sphero has become the #1 robot in
education, available in 40,000+ institutions globally. In August
2019, Sphero welcomed littleBits into the fold to become the EdTech
market leader and accelerate play-based learning for kids
worldwide. With new offerings coming out all the time to help kids
start, grow, and graduate with Sphero, our robots truly go
#BeyondCode. Learn more at sphero.com . At Sphero, you can do the
work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously. What You Will
Do Responsibilities: -
- Participate in the creative process from concept to
- Mature the Sphero SDK and apps to enable internal and external
app and game hacker/maker experiences with our robots.
- Work closely with software, firmware and hardware engineering
teams to implement world-class robots and experiences.
- Lead innovative software development, and introduce development
best practices and processes.
- Mentor mid-level and junior software engineers. You are a
maker, creator, tinkerer, innovator, or the like, and want to
influence the world of connected play and learning. You have a
passion for learning and growing your technical skills (e.g.
languages, platforms, patterns), as well as for mentoring other
software engineers. More specifically, you have: -
- A minimum of 3+ years prior experience with TypeScript.
- A minimum of 1+ years prior experience with a cross-platform
desktop framework such as Electron, and / or mobile cross-platform
frameworks such as React Native or Ionic.
- Experience with Swagger, D3.js, Vue.js a plus.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of OOP principles, design
patterns, and best practices.
- Proven leadership abilities in the software engineering and
- Positive attitude and excitement about hardware and
- Great release estimation skills, with a proven ability to
deliver on time.
- Strong collaborator, with an excellent work ethic and attention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading within Agile and/or Scrum processes, with
the ability to influence and help design development best
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or equivalent skill set. Bonus Points:
- Experience with Bluetooth/Bluetooth LE communication protocol a
- Experience with hardware and robotics or gaming software a
- Experience working within a startup culture/company a plus.
This is your opportunity to lead part of the robot revolution with
a fast-paced, innovative team that is changing the world of play
and learning. If you're interested in joining the team, please send
us your resume and a cover letter detailing why you'd be a good fit
for the Sphero team. If you have a presence on the web, rap sheet,
write a blog, or practice another craft, we'd love to hear about
it. Sphero offers an exciting work environment, and a generous
compensation package including a competitive salary; 100% paid
health, dental, and vision insurance; stock options; and many other
perks such as a wellness reimbursement, cell phone benefit, a fully
stocked kitchen, and catered lunches on Fridays. Only registered
members can apply for jobs.
- About Us
- Gift Cards
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!