Experienced Software Engineer/Analyst, Boulder, CO
Company: OPTTEK SYSTEMS INC
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Experienced Software Engineer/Analyst, Boulder, CO US
citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and
maintain a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
Company Description OptTek Systems is the leading provider of
optimization technology to the US government and the simulation
software industry. Founded in Boulder, Colorado in 1992, the OptTek
team includes internationally recognized leaders in optimization
and has a strong history of creating world class applications
combining simulation, optimization, and analytics. OptTek is much
more than a leading provider of optimization technology. We have a
truly unique culture that promotes positive attitudes, mutual
respect across our team, and a fun, friendly working environment.
We work hard but value work/life balance, enjoying a base 36-hour,
4-day work week. To learn more, visit www.OptTek.com . OptTek is
experiencing rapid growth and is seeking a mid-level Software
Engineer/Analyst with great programming skills, a strong background
in application development, and experience in the application of
data science methodologies. If you want to be part of a talented,
highly collaborative team and help make the world a better and
safer place by eliminating waste and inefficiency, read on. Job
Description This is a position for a hybrid software
engineer/analyst. The position requires a highly motivated,
detail-oriented professional capable of both independent and team
performance on a variety of software development and process and
data analysis tasks. OptTek is seeking someone to work based in our
Boulder, CO office as part of our core technical team on a variety
of software development and analysis tasks spanning both commercial
and government work. Qualifications Essential requirements
- Five or more years of professional software
development/analytics experience. Salary and responsibilities will
be dependent on the level of experience.
- The ability to interact with customers to understand their
problems, integrate our software, and help them utilize our
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for
understanding and presenting technical concepts to other technical
experts and less-technical customers.
- Experience developing web-based and desktop applications using
Java and related technologies.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python.
- Experience designing, implementing and/or using data science
(artificial intelligence/machine learning/data mining), simulation
and/or optimization methods.
- An active DoD security clearance.
- Degree(s) in a science, technology, engineering, and
mathematics (STEM) field, preferably in computer science or
operations research (graduate degrees may qualify as previous
- Software development and/or data science/analysis
certifications. Expected Duties
- Design, implement, and test changes to our software to correct
deficiencies or provide enhancements for our customers.
- Identify deficiencies and enhancements to our software
- Communicate technical work, customer engagement, and project
status to development team and project lead.
- Interact with customers to understand and define their analytic
and computational problems.
- Integrate our software in customer computing environments.
- Train and assist customers on the use of our software
- Assist in migrating our existing desktop applications to
- Design, implement, and test software integrating our tools with
customer simulations and other computational tools.
- Research and develop data science methods to enhance our
software solutions. Additional Information Here's what's in it for
- Competitive compensation including annual bonus plans
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes health insurance,
disability benefits, a matched 401(k) and more
- Base 36-hour, 4-day work week (yes, you read that
- Flexible, hybrid office and remote work options
- Interesting, challenging work centered around your
capabilities, interests, and work style
- Open Paid Time Off Policy (yes, you read that correctly,
- Free parking at our amazing historic Boulder location and
- Company events including a wide range of community service,
team, and family-friendly activities throughout the year All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
OptTek is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We
are proud to be a dog-friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: OPTTEK SYSTEMS INC, Boulder , Experienced Software Engineer/Analyst, Boulder, CO, IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!