Applications Developer II - Java
Company: Horizontal Talent
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Boulder - -DEM Applications Developer II - JavaThe Development
team creates and maintains web and desktop applications that
augment and integrate Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solutions.
Primary solutions are internally business facing to support our
engineering processes. -What You'll Do
- Creation and maintenance of business web services that adapt
and extend functionality of COTS solution. -
- General administration and optimization of Java EE application
- Collaborate with team members and business users to clarify
requirements and confirm design/implementation.
- Partner with business representatives to ensure requirements
are well understood and documented to achieve successful
- Actively work with the software development manager and
architecture managers to align to a consistent technology vision
and drive application development standards.
- Research and recommend database development best
- Facilitate peer-programming and design sessions/reviews with
- Participate in code reviews.
- Foster and be a leader of a collaborative and team-oriented
- Collaborate with other Application Developers on problem
analysis and resolution and provide support as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to others.
- Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using
techniques like automated testing and peer code review.
- Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and
ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
- Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology
challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. -Interact
appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and
productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.What You'll Need
- Bachelor's in Information Technology or a related technical
field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Experience developing in Java and using object-oriented
- Experience developing web-based applications using Java.
- Experience working with web services (REST JSON).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated build/test tools
- Broad and deep understanding of application servers including
experience with configuration and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of client-side development models using
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, professional, and able
to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to work under minimal direct supervision.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is preferred:
- Java 8+ / OpenJDK
- Java Application servers (JBoss/WildFly, TomEE, Tomcat/Spring,
- IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Java Web Services, both SOAP (JAX-WS) & REST (JAX-RS, RESTEasy,
- Maven/Ant/Gradle and version control (Git preferred)
- Spring/Spring Boot
- SSIS or other ETL processing tools
- C# application development experience
- Unit Testing/Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven
- Azure DevOps/Team Foundation Server
- Oracle RDMS
- PL/SQL developmentHorizontal facilitates valuable and
productive conversations between you and potential employers. - -We
can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with
employers that offer challenging assignments. - -For those that
join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits
including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we
have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent
Team. -In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act,
the salary range for this role in Colorado is $15.00 - $115.00 per
hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a
guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on
factors including but not limited to experience and geographic
Keywords: Horizontal Talent, Boulder , Applications Developer II - Java, IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!