Linux Platform QA Engineer
Company: Jma Wireless
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Boulder, CO / Engineering & Technology - Quality Assurance /
Wireless technology -now impacts -nearly -every aspect of -daily
-life -around the world. As the fastest-growing global tech
company, JMA -designs -and delivers -cutting-edge wireless
technology solutions that modernize how people learn, work, live
and play, -like never imagined. -We power -today's leading
industries through next generation software-based 5G, private
wireless networks, 5G-ready antennas and connectors, -and advanced
indoor 5G capabilities - all manufactured in the U.S. Our
headquarters, along with the first-of-its-kind 5G campus are
located in Syracuse, NY, with innovative tech hubs around the
world. Join our team -to shape -the future of wireless technology
and elevate how people experience the world! JMA is looking for a
Linux Platform QA Engineer to join our Quality Assurance team
onsite in Boulder, CO. The core of this role will be to assist the
Sr Platform Engineer to QA different platform configurations,
assist with Pen Tests, test & create a "Golden Image" for Software
Versions and future OS upgrades, inventory and maintain Servers and
hardware, create test documentation, and support QA efforts and
development activities. Responsibilities
- Linux OS installs and reimaging servers.
- Performance and stress testing.
- Updating server BIOS and configurations.
- Setting up Hypervisors and Virtual Environments.
- Inventory in-house servers and other hardware.
- Assist with Security testing, Pen testing, and server
- Document procedures and best practices.
- Use Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint to document/track
projects, tasks, and issues.
- Support QA team's hardware requests and testing.
- Support Manufacturing requests. Qualifications
- 3-5 years' experience with Linux, preferably with CentOS /
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, or similar degree.
- Server setup, configuration, updates, rack cabling.
- Experience executing Shell/Python/Perl scripts.
- Basic networking, IPv4, IPv6, and SSH.
- Understanding of KVM/VMWare/VirtualBox and virtualization
- Experience using Jira and Confluence is helpful.
- Experience with SaltStack, Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) and industry
standard security certifications very desirable.
- Strong problem solving, effective written and verbal
communication, skills are required. #LI-DD1 JMA offers a total
rewards package designed to support your life, both in and outside
of work. When you join our team, you have immediate access to
numerous benefits and perks that fit your specific needs. Whether
you're looking for employee discounts, financial, legal and/or
childcare resources and support, we have you covered! We believe in
providing comprehensive health and wellness coverage along with
monetary rewards towards health goals, in addition to numerous
company-provided personal protection benefits at no additional cost
to you. Investing in our employees is our #1 priority. Are you in?
At JMA Wireless, we don't just accept differences - we celebrate,
support, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our
products, and our community. JMA Wireless is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race,
religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: Jma Wireless, Boulder , Linux Platform QA Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!