Company: Zayo Group
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world's most
impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming
our society. Zayo's 133,000-mile network in North America and
Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of
buildings and data centers. Zayo's communications infrastructure
solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths,
Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and
wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and
other large enterprises.
The System Administrator, skilled with Linux/Unix, is responsible
for effective provisioning, installation/configuration,
documentation, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware,
software, and related infrastructure.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: All
Linux/Windows based systems, and other systems or applications that
support that enterprise from a corporate perspective.
The scope and responsibility of this role :
Engineering and Provisioning
* Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware,
peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in
accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* Own projects end to end by establishing project roadmaps,
identifying milestones, creating stakeholder relationships and
reporting on progress through project documentation.
* Develop, document, and maintain installation and configuration
procedures of the systems and applications.
* Contribute to and maintain system standards.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated
approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches
that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key
processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Provide technical support per request from various sources like
tickets or monitoring tools.
* Investigate and troubleshoot issues to identify causes of
impairments, outages or customer impacting issues and work to
recover systems as quickly as possible while maintaining compliant
security policies and long-term supportability.
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate
and communicate with impacted groups and team members.
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Upgrade
administrative tools and utilities as needed. Configure/add new
services as necessary.
* Upgrade and configure system software that supports corporate
infrastructure applications or asset management/monitoring
applications per project or operational needs.
* Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity
* Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and
resource optimization as required.
* Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
* Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
* Understand and adhere to Zayo's risk and regulatory standards,
policies and controls
* Work with the team to develop long-range strategies based on
infrastructure technical trends and business forecasts.
* Ability to work as both a team player and independently on tasks
of high complexity
* Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities based on
* Learn technologies and skills from different sources provided by
the organization or available resources on the internet.
* Share your knowledge with the other team members or
This is a critical role within the team that provides 24x7 support
for our Corporate Infrastructure and systems which includes
participation in a weekly on-call rotation.
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends,
sometimes with little advance notice.
* Working knowledge of infrastructure architecture, data centers,
servers, and networks
* Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
* Working knowledge of Solaris and/or other Unix operating systems
is a plus.
* Working knowledge and skills to install, configure, secure,
monitor, and maintain such servers
* Working knowledge of VMware clustered technologies
* Working knowledge of Windows environment and Active Directory
* Scripting skills to automate repeatable and manual tasks.
* Flexible and reliable worker, with the ability to prioritize
* Basic knowledge of storage management
* Basic knowledge of database management
* Basic knowledge of emerging technologies, such as container and
microservice architectures: Docker and related tools, or
orchestration, automation and management tools, Kubernetes /
OpenShift, Ansible / AWX, etc
* Basic knowledge of cloud computing providers such as AWS,
* This includes participation in a weekly on-call rotation.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience in a similar role
supporting corporate / mission-critical environment
* Bachelors' degree, with a technical major, such as computer
science preferred. Equivalent experience may satisfy this
* Linux certification(s) a plus, but not required such as Red Hat
Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), CompTIA Linux+, Linux
Professional Institute LPIC-1, LFCS (Linux Foundation Certified
Base pay range: $78,750 - $105,000, commensurate with
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
* Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial
or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Zayo Group, Boulder , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!