Technical Intern - Software Engineering
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.At our
core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we
can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each
other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest
challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback
and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture
where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team
member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to
work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go
Beyond. -For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or
connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .The
Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the
organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the
successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for
our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams
are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and
strong execution.Technical Intern - Software EngineeringThe Ball
Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that
provides interns with practical experience working on relevant
projects while working with designated mentors; access to
state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation
reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future
employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace
Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or
high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of the internship, interns
will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of
their project work to their respective department.We are looking
for engineers with embedded or low-level development experience to
join our team and make a significant impact in the future of cyber
security in cyber physical systems (CPS) such as avionics. Projects
range from research & development of new innovative technologies to
the transition of mature cyber technologies to selected
systems.What You'll Do:
- Work with customer and team members to understand project
requirements and scope.
- Work with a team of engineers and provide unique perspective
- Work toward a larger goal and take ownership of project
- Participate in intern specific company activities.
- Develop/modify software for space, avionics, etc.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including
software/firmware requirements, architecture, design, code, test,
integration, and documentation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic
Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with
others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Perform other duties as necessary. What You'll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be
enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2023. We will also
accept students enrolled in a graduate degree program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is
accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of
Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience programming in C/C++.
- Experience programming assembly language, preferably PowerPC,
x86, and/or ARM.
- Experience with formal software development processes.
- Excellent technical writing and team skills.
- Experience developing, integrating, and testing low level or
- Experience with real-time operating systems including Green
Hills Integrity, VxWorks, QNX, embedded Linux, or other RTOS.
Flexible On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular
in-person engagement by working on-site for three or more days per
work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.Working Conditions:
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to
the health and safety of all employees and is required as a
condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please
remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in
Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be
illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes
the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug
test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
Relocation for this position is available.Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $22.45 - $28.75 per hour (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- Temporary positions typically are not eligible for benefits.
For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your
browser or visit our careers site. US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIREDBall
Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status. #LI-HC1Nearest Major Market:
Boulder Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Boulder , Technical Intern - Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!