Technical Specialist II - Process Center
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an
unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate
weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet,
deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who
defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. -At
our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together
we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with
each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's
greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing
feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive
culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives.
Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an
energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us
all to Go Beyond. - -For more information, visit - -or connect with
us on , , -or . -The Operations Strategic Capabilities Unit plays a
fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program
execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain,
manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and
information technology services. -Technical Specialist II - Process
Center -What You'll Do: -
- Support manufacturing process centers specific to Paint and
Lubrication but could include Metal Finish and Critical Clean.
- Work with area leads on process improvements.
- Work with scheduling team to effectively manage conflicts with
resources and due dates.
- Provide research and suggestions related to industry standard
process and procedures.
- Help with technical requirement interpretation & DFM, ensuring
compliance to BATC internal standards, policies, and Industry level
- Develop PM programs and schedules for lab assets and
- Lead training and mentorship efforts and provide feedback to
- Benchmark internal capabilities against external
- Help resolve hardware anomalies.
- Continuously monitor production related metrics, including
capacity (overall value stream and equipment specific) enabling
accurate staff and capital projections to meet business
- Identify capital needs and support capital project
- Evaluate system capacity demand, identifying constraints and
waste, and propose effective solutions.
- Contribute to operational strategic planning efforts to
identify purpose and long-term goals. -
- Perform factory and individual value stream analysis using
simulation software, including development of proposed and current
state factory layouts.
- Contribute to the technician hiring process.
- Manage Limited life products and system tool consumption.
- Possibly work on multiple campuses in the Boulder, Westminster,
and Broomfield area.
- Ownership of lab quality and throughput.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic
Capabilities Units and the Company. -Interact appropriately with
others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
- Perform other duties as necessary. -What You'll Need: -
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 14 years or more related
experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 12 years or
more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's,
may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Low volume / high mix manufacturing experience is desired.
- Experience with specialty coatings to support the aerospace
- Familiarity with and ability to teach the Lean Manufacturing
tool set (6S, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, single piece flow).
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work and manage to strict schedules.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment to achieve
solutions that are best for the company.
- Ability to react quickly to issues related to lab operations
and provide quick and accurate solutions. -Full-Time On-Site Work
Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by
working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball
campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
-Working Conditions: -
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to
the health and safety of all employees and is required as a
condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. -Please
remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in
Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be
illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes
the use of some CBD products. -A post-offer, pre-employment drug
test is a condition of employment. -
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory,
cleanroom, or production floor. - -Relocation for this position is
not -available. -Compensation & Benefits: -
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $36.06 - $49.04 per hour (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or
visit our careers site. -US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED -Ball Aerospace
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. - All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.#LI-JL2
Keywords: Ball, Boulder , Technical Specialist II - Process Center, IT / Software / Systems , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!