Principal Scientist, Cryo-EM Crystallographer
Company: American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Bi
Posted on: April 6, 2021
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Principal Scientist, Cryo-EM Crystallographer Principal
Scientist, Cryo-EM Crystallographer ROLE SUMMARY
We are seeking a structural biologist with strong expertise on
single particle cryo-EM and X-ray crystallography to join the
Structural Biology group at Pfizer-Boulder Research and Development
Unit. This individual will establish and maintain a cryo-EM image
processing pipeline for determining high resolution cryo-EM
structures, and will also apply a broad range of structural biology
tools to determine high resolution ligand-bound protein cryo-EM and
X-ray crystal structures to support our Structure-based drug
discovery programs. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Optimize Cryo-EM sample vitrification conditions and collect high
* Coordinate and manage cryo-EM data collection on multiple protein
* Design and conduct protein crystallization trials, crystal
optimization, and X-ray data collection using both in-house X-ray
generators and remoted data collection on synchrotrons.
* Solve and refine crystallographic structures either by Molecular
Replacement or de-novo.
* Document experimental data.
* Communicate research priority, progress, and results with project
* Contribute to written and oral presentations related to research
* Provides technical and scientific guidance to junior research
associates within the team. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* PhD in structural biology or a related field having 5+ years'
experience with crystallography, and 2+ years of postdoctoral
experience with cryo-EM that lead a proven track record of
publications in reputable, peer-reviewed journals.
* Experience with cryo-EM sample preparation protocols including
negative staining and sample vitrification.
* Experience with operating screening and high-resolution
data-collection microscopes using programs such as EPU, SerialEM,
* Expert in single particle cryo-EM image processing and 3D
reconstruction using programs such as RELION, CryoSPARC, EMAN2.
* Extensive experience in protein X-ray crystallography from
crystallization, optimization, data collection and processing, to
* Experience with software for model building and refinement such
as Phenix, CCP4-em, Chimera, Rosetta, Coot. PREFERRED
* Experience with Linux OS and GPU-accelerated computational
environment (Installation, configuration and maintenance).
* Expert on data-processing and structure solution of small size
protein and transient membrane protein complexes ( PHYSICAL/MENTAL
* Able to lift 50lb objects with dimensions 12 inches in height and
26 inches in width.
* Able to visualize microscopic objects under microscopes.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
* Able to adhere to safe work practices and perform lab works with
appropriate personal protection equipment such as but not limited
to safety goggles, facial mask, gloves, lab coat/ protective
gowning, and closed toe shoes.
* Able to work at flexible hours occasionally when performing
time-sensitive experiments. OTHER JOB DETAILS
* Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
* Eligible for Relocation #LI-PFE The annual base salary for this
position ranges from $90,500 to $150,900. In addition, this
position offers an annual bonus with a target of 15% of the base
salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term
incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings
plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid
caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to
include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in
accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
- Job ID: 56255531
- Position Title: Principal Scientist, Cryo-EM Crystallographer
Please refer to the company's website or job descriptions to learn
more about them. Scientist - Oligonucleotide Chemical Development
Dicerna Dicerna Manufacturing Compliance Specialist AGC Biologics
Boulder, CO, United States Quality Control Scientist, Equipment
Specialist 11200 Rockville Pike, Suite 302Rockville, Maryland
Keywords: American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Bi, Boulder , Principal Scientist, Cryo-EM Crystallographer, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!