Software Engineering Instructor, Technical Mentor
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are looking for a Technical Mentor to train the brightest
engineering best practices.
Technical Mentors are primarily responsible for ensuring
students are technically prepared for a successful job search and
career in the software industry. Technical Mentors are
student-facing members of the team, building culture, coaching
success behaviors, and talking code. The Technical Mentor works
closely with a classroom of students across the entire length of
the program and, in collaboration with other team members, is
responsible for the education and employability of the student as
well as the strength of the cohort community. The Tech Mentor
watches over their class of students and ensures on a day-to-day
basis that everyone is learning rapidly and is on track for
success. When a student gets a job after the program, such core
teaching staff are those they thank with the deepest emotion.
- Ensure students are technically prepared for success in their
job search and on the job.
- Deliver technical coaching and support to students, developing
their coding skills and understanding of and ability to effectively
communicate about difficult technical concepts.
- Intentionally push students to become increasingly autonomous
engineers; support them in reading & accurately interpreting
documentation and error messages, improve their debugging skills,
and become courageous coders.
- Provide expert technical and project management guidance to
small groups of students building exciting projects using
- Accurately and proactively evaluate, track & communicate
student technical progress. This includes grading students' work,
delivering feedback, and modeling successful behavior.
- Build and execute effective individual student remediation
plans to ensure that all of our students become successful software
- Identify and respond to cohort-wide remediation needs, crafting
supplemental lectures & lesson plans addressing cohort-specific
- Contribute to curriculum initiatives that address popular
- Contribute to local evangelism and enrollment initiatives, such
as attendance at meetups, speaking at conferences, leading
- Serve as a technical partner while collaborating with all other
departments that ensure job search success.
- Experienced software engineer, particularly regarding
- Experience with industry-standard software development
practices and methodologies like Agile, Scrum and Kanban
- Skilled at teaching in an immersive remote learning
- Skilled and engaging facilitator/lecturer
- Ability to analyze and model student progress and remove
- Possesses a strong growth mindset: seeks feedback, admits to
and learns from failure, autonomously learns and grows while
seeking appropriate support from coworkers and manager
- Motivated by and derives satisfaction from high-ownership work
environments and has a passion for education
- Aligned with our overall instructional philosophies
- Highly autonomous, conscientious, reliable, self-motivated and
- Strong collaboration skills, high self-awareness, flexible,
open-minded and positive
- Empathetic and charismatic
- Able to work occasional evenings/Saturdays.
- 5 years of worked experience in Software Engineering/Computer
Programming/Computer Science/Web Development OR
- Completion of an educational program in a relevant subject area
and 2 years work experience in Software Engineering/Computer
Programming/Computer Science/Web Development
While this position may start remotely, this role will return
on-site once in-person learning resumes.
Please submit a resume with your application. In lieu of a cover
letter, please answer the following questions (<140 characters
- What is your favorite open-source library? Please explain how
it's useful to you.
- During a code review, list the characteristics you tend to
- Outline your favorite technical interview prompt.
- Describe what it means to you to have autonomy in your
- What unique strengths would you bring to the Tech Mentor
The minimum annual compensation may be around $70,000. The
average annual maximum compensation may be around $110,000.
Stride, Inc. considers a person's education, experience, and
qualifications, as well as the position's work location, expected
quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external
market and internal value when determining a new employee's salary
level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position's
level and expected contribution, and the employee's benefits
elections. Offers will [Alt: may] typically be in the bottom half
of the range.
Stride, Inc. offers employees a robust benefits package,
including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts,
disability and parental leave, voluntary life and AD&D
insurance, accident and hospital supplemental plans and commuter
benefits. Employees may also be eligible for paid time off (PTO),
401(k) retirement plan, bonus, and generous professional
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital
status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Galvanize, Boulder , Software Engineering Instructor, Technical Mentor, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!