Boulder Reservoir Water Safety Team
Company: City of Boulder
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The City of Boulder is a great place to live, work, grow and
With over 300 miles of dedicated bikeways and more than 150
miles of hiking trails, Boulder values active lifestyles and access
to nature. Forty-five thousand acres of land provide open space for
parks and a green belt around the city. With world class
restaurants and art and music venues, The City of Boulder values
Respect is one of our five City Values (including Customer
Service, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation) and we are
committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We celebrate and
support our differences across all spectrums, including but not
limited to ethnicity, gender, age, disability and sexuality.
Through our focus on Racial Equity, our employee benefits, and the
many programs resources we offer our staff, we continually strive
to weave respect for one another into the fabric of our
Add your voice and talents to the City of Boulder and help us
grow in service excellence for an inspired future.
Do you love flip flops and sand? Does the sound of splashing
make you smile? Join the Boulder Reservoir Water Safety Team.
Whether you're a lifeguardon the beach or monitoring watercraft as
lake patrol, you'll be the front-line keeping our guests safe. Soak
up amazing benefits and make money while getting your summer tan.
Apply now, apply sunscreen later.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Advocate the safety and wellbeing of our beachgoers, boaters
and guests through preventative measures including constant and
- Act as a first responder and jump in the water to perform
rescues and keep people safe.
- Educate, explain and enforce facility regulations, policy and
- Demonstrate a proactive approach toward cleanliness and
- Interact positively with community members, visitors and other
- Ensure that the Boulder Reservoir is a friendly, welcoming
environment for all to play, learn and build confidence in and
around the water.
How You Will Do It:
- Enjoy an outdoor environment with variable weather conditions,
including sitting/standing in the hot sun for long periods of
- React quickly and calmly in stressful and emergency
- Meticulous attention to detail and not easily distracted.
- Energetic and outgoing personality.
- Present a professional image, dependable and on time for all
- Attend mandatory pre-season and weekly in-service
What You Will Need:
- Must be at least 15 years old with CURRENT American Red Cross
certifications (or equivalent) in the following:
- First Aid
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
Must be able to swim 500 yards, and tread water for two
minutes.Available to work a flexible schedule, including holidays
and early morning special events.
What You Will Learn:
- You will be certified in American Red Cross Waterfront
Lifeguarding and Administering Emergency Oxygen.
How You Can Grow:
- If you have experience as a lifeguard and display outstanding
leadership qualities, we may choose you to serve as a head
lifeguard on the beach.
- ALL Water Safety team members serve as lifeguards on the beach,
but only the cream of the crop will be chosen to serve on lake
patrol. We're looking for exceptional response and rescue skills,
as well as decisive communication, and a penchant for problem
The City of Boulder provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or
any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local
Keywords: City of Boulder, Boulder , Boulder Reservoir Water Safety Team, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!