This position is responsible for assisting the Chefs and/or Prep
Cooks with any combination of duties to prepare customer menu items
and to maintain the kitchen work areas in clean and organized
condition ensuring smooth operation of the kitchen.
- Prepares all menu items for guest's consumption with strict
adherence to menu item recipes, specs and menu integrity while
meeting all preparation standards and expectations.
- Supports brand by rigidly protecting food quality and
- Sets up and stocks station fully at start of shift.
- Stocks ingredients in station at all times.
- Determines that all items have been prepared to proper
- Manages temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and
- Manages and maintains cleanliness and condition of all kitchen
- Supports and assists management and other line cooks during
high volume business levels.
- Coordinates proper timing of all menu items preparation with
other line cooks while communicating with front line
- Manages timing of food preparation for respective pantry,
pizza, grill or fry stations.
- Assists in stocking of the cook line, freezers, coolers and
- Thoroughly cleans station and changes out of all pans and
restock at end of shift.
- Completes assigned janitorial tasks at end of shift.
- Demonstrates teamwork while working respectfully with all team
- Communicates clearly while demonstrating willingness to help
all team members.
- Provides safe workplace environment for all staff members.
- Provides harassment free workplace of all staff members.
- Protects consumer health with strict adherence to all sanitary
and safe food handling mandates and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of food items, culinary terms, kitchen equipment
usage and knife safety.
- Skill in interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work all days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to learn basic cooking skills, safety and sanitation
- Ability to work quickly, independently, and as a part of
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be
able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well
as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational
and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move
10 - 50 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see,
and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Pay Rate: $15/hr
Supervisor: Chef on Duty
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: Current food handler's permit
Minimum Experience: 1 Year
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: N/A
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Kitchen Equipment, Knives
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes
that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal
opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any
other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties
to this position as a result of evolving business needs.