Are you a program management professional who takes
initiative, is flexible, and enjoys working in a results-driven,
team environment? Are you able to exercise good judgment in a
variety of situations, with strong written and verbal
communication, administration, and organizational skills? Do you
have experience streamlining systems and processes for programs and
people? If yes, then join our team!
The Mission Possible Partnership (MPP) is
an alliance of climate leaders focused
on accelerating decarbonization in seven industrial
sectors responsible for 30% of
global emissions: aluminum,
concrete, chemicals, steel, aviation, shipping and
trucking. MPPs goal is to propel a committed community of CEOs
from these carbon-intensive industries, together
with their financiers, customers, suppliers,
to agree and more importantly, to act on
the essential decisions required for decarbonizing industry and
transport in this decade. Without immediate action, these
sectors alone are projected to exceed the world's remaining 1.5C
carbon budget by 2030. RMI leads MPP in partnership
with the Energy Transitions Commission, the World Economic
forum and the We Mean Business coalition, with a team
of a dozen staff at RMI and several dozen more at our partner
organizations. An additional 10 organization are supporting
partners of MPP, making it one of the largest collaborative efforts
currently underway at RMI.
RMI is seeking a Program Coordinator with exceptional
organizational and communication skills to facilitate successful
execution of all operations within the Mission Possible
Partnership, enabling maximum impact and return on investment.
This position will report to MPP Chief Operating Officer, Cate
Hight. The Program Coordinator will play a key role
in ensuring that the knowledge developed by the program is
effectively managed and communicated to all parties involved
in MPP. The Program Coordinator will drive efficiency
across operations and support successful execution
by designing and implementing systems to monitor and
report on program activities, outcomes and resource
usage. They will also ensure MPP partners are appropriately
resourced from the program budget, that program progress
and funding usage is appropriately tracked
and reported to MPP staff and funders, and that
the program effectively coordinates and collaborates with
stakeholders to drive the essential change required to
decarbonize heavy industry in this decade.
- Create and maintain full MPP budget in dialogue with MPP
leadership and development officers.
- Execute contracts with and budget allocations to MPP partners
as directed by leadership and ensure that partners
are properly resourced and using allocated
funds as agreed.
- Maintain project structures and create new projects when needed
in project management tool.
- Review and approve timesheets and expense reports for
- Plan, organize, and execute
- Liaison between the program team and RMIs operational
- Work with Development and the program team to ensure all
funding opportunities are up to date in Salesforce on a
- Support program fundraising efforts by ensuring RMI and program
qualifications are appropriately referenced in
- Support program team with full-cycle recruitment
- Facilitate and manage the monitoring and reporting against all
requirements in the programs grant and
- Manage invoices, current contracts, creation of new contracts
and relationships with current and future
- Facilitate and manage procurement and
sub-grant processes for the program with the support from RMIs
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders to ensure cohesion of
- Develop standard operating procedures, norms and processes for
- Additional responsibilities, as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or
an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible
administrative, operations, project management or related
- Experience in managing multiple
- International and cross-cultural experience highly
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven organization skills and flexibility when it comes to
- Experience working with senior staff in various organizations
- Experience with Salesforce
- Strong team and interpersonal skills and the ability to
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient budgeting, finance, and project management
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively multitask.
- Good judgment and strong decision-making ability
- Attention to detail and exceptional accuracy.
- Grant and proposal writing and management.
The position will remain remote through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Once the COVID-19 situation improves, this role will be based out
of either our Washington, D.C or Boulder, Colorado
The salary range for this position is $60,500 - $81,500, with
the target range being$60,500 - $70,000.This is
dependent on experience that will be discussed and vetted through
the interview process. This position also includes an additional 5%
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403b Retirement Options (5% match immediately)
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas and
opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our
long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous,
and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities
we serve. Achieving thisregardless of ability, race, ethnicity,
ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran
status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment or other social
identitiesis critical to the success of eachRMIerand collectively
as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have the different array of thinking that comes from diverse
backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the worlds
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating
others with dignity, respect and appreciation enabling them to feel
welcomed, supported and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate and build long-lasting
relationships with decision makers, stakeholders and constituents
within diverse communities.
RMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RMI (Rocky Mountain
Institute) transforms global energy
use to create a clean, prosperous, and secure low-carbon future.
That is our mission. That is our passion. And every day, every
member of our team of nearly 320 works relentlessly to
achieve it. We are driving the global energy transition from fossil
fuels to efficiency and
working in partnership with businesses, communities, institutions,
and entrepreneurs to advance market-based solutions. We achieve
this by developing breakthrough ideas, testing and refining them,
reshaping markets, and bringing solutions to scale. RMI is an
independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an annual budget
of $70 million and offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New
York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; and Beijing,