Company: The Kitchen
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our American Bistro in Boulder, CO features a seasonal menu in a
refined rustic atmosphere that is warm and inviting. The host is
responsible for taking care of guests and assisting the team in
front of house duties. Our hosts support the team and help to
create and maintain an exciting, inviting, and progressive
environment. This person should be a high-energy, outgoing
individual who will help to foster connections with friends,
family, and the community through service, food, and drink. The
ideal candidate should love to work with people, be
detail-oriented, and be able to smoothly handle high-pressure
situations. We offer a unique, fun environment with the opportunity
to grow within the company.
- As the first and last point of contact for our guests, hosts
are the face of the restaurant and must represent the restaurant's
culture, demonstrate genuine hospitality, and provide exceptional
- Ability to think on your toes, and to make
adjustments/decisions quickly, and constantly keep your guests'
experience at the forefront. Logic, drive, and a genuine love of
people are necessities.
- Managing phone lines, taking reservations according to
procedures, managing the online reservation, and table management
platform all while delivering excellent hospitality.
- Greet guests, escort them to tables, and provide menus. Exhibit
a patient, understanding nature and gracefully manage pressure from
guests and staff simultaneously.
- Demonstrate superior organizational skills and keen attention
to detail. Strategically coordinate seating of the dining
- Maintain communication with the kitchen and management
regarding the status of the floor.
- Perform side work, setup, and assist with the proper opening
and closing of the restaurant.
- Assist servers and staff as needed. Perform related work as
requested; model and promote teamwork.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner
with a focus on quality, while always maintaining an environment of
- Promote and embrace the restaurant's community and culture by
demonstrating respect, positive energy, dependability, honesty,
initiative, outgoing nature, and a pleasant, professional
- Support the restaurants vision and responsibility of being
- Must have 1-2 years of fine dining restaurant experience and be
passionate about hospitality.
- Superior temperament, adaptable nature, and good communication
- Motivated professional with a love for taking care of
- Demonstrate integrity in all areas, both personal and
- May be required to work in very warm or cold conditions for an
extended period of time.
- The ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to serve alcohol.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level.
- Working with hot, cold, and potentially hazardous equipment as
well as operating office equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The
employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and
stoop, kneel, crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 45 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- The statements in this job description are intended to describe
the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are
not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the
Benefits we offer for Full-Time Employees!
- PTO and Paid Sick Time
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Store discount
- Educational Reimbursement
- Advancement Opportunities
- Great Company Culture and Community Involvement!
The Kitchen Restaurant Group is an EEO Employer
Keywords: The Kitchen, Boulder , Host, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!