Manufacturing Engineer - Senior (OE&P)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission
focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our
customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather
forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver
actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our
freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more
information, visit or connect with us on , , or .
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in
enabling efficient business and program execution from technologies
and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations,
facilities management, and information technology services.
Manufacturing Engineer Senior (OE&P)
Join the Operational Engineering & Planning (OE&P) team today!
Perform analysis, planning, coordination, control, and improvement
of manufacturing and test operations for all phases, systems,
programs, and/or products from less complicated, single focus
activities to extremely complex and highly diverse activities.
What Youll Do:
- Expert in modifying product designs assuring manufacturability;
reducing product costs, meeting program delivery requirements, and
assuring rigorous quality requirements are efficiently met through
the application of professionally accepted industrial techniques,
practices, and procedures.
- Lead the development, maintenance and enforcement of effective
and efficient manufacturing processes, instructions, flows,
systems, and facilities that meet program, customer, and government
- Develop and maintain detailed production plans, manufacturing
schedules, and factory forecasts in support of program and
enterprise level operations.
- Lead a team of junior Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing
Planners, Hardware Quality Engineers, Test Engineers, Inspectors,
and Technicians in the design for manufacture, procurement,
fabrication, assembly, integration and testing of highly technical
aerospace products, subsystems and systems.
- Apply extensive technical expertise to advance technologies,
scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with
the development and implementation of operational programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within
the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support
Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order
to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What Youll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is
required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Masters Degree or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
- Proficiency with interpreting highly technical engineering
drawings, bills of material, and technical documents including test
and integration procedures.
- Demonstrated successful management of manufacturing and test
operations meeting cost, schedule, and performance goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written communication
skills, oral presentation skills and an ability to lead group
discussions with both internal and external customers.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor,
or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other
possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $115,000 - $145,000 (Salary to be
determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For
details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or
visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Boulder
Nearest Secondary Market: Denver
Keywords: Ball, Boulder , Manufacturing Engineer - Senior (OE&P), Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!